+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: That was bad

That was bad

Don’t know what it was like on TV, but at the ground it was terrible.

Fairly even first 25, but we completely lost our shape when Pack went off.

Full backs awful Vaulks and Bacuna off the pace and giving the ball away regularly.
    Hoillet dog shit, NML a passenger.
    Gratzl unable to hold the ball up.

Bit of an improvement in the 2nd half, but still torn to shreds on the break.

Reading were excellent, the wingers, striker and the midfielder with the dreadlocks were all superb and they aren’t going to struggle this season.

Puscas and João both would have been good signings for us.

Just got to hope we can bounce back quick- and that Pack isn’t badly injured, games will come thick and fast now

Re: That was bad

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Trust me it was as bad watching on the TV ( without the hassle of having to get home after the game)

Bacuna was awful, Vaulks, Hoilett and NML anonymous and once Pack went off Ralls had to try and control midfield by himself ( and he’d been ill in the week). Flint is so slow and his pairing with Morrison doesn’t seem to be working and Smithies looks very shaky. Hard to judge Glatzel as he’s so isolated.

All in all a terrible performance

Absolutely bloody awful. The twin towers Flint and Morrison are shit, slow of mind and foot, I reckon you can just about getting away with carrying one player like that if their showing an aerial threat/keeping things out but two of them is suicide. Concern is we haven't played any of the better championship sides yet either - going to be long and depressing season unless something fixed soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    Trust me it was as bad watching on the TV ( without the hassle of having to get home after the game)

Bacuna was awful, Vaulks, Hoilett and NML anonymous and once Pack went off Ralls had to try and control midfield by himself ( and he’d been ill in the week). Flint is so slow and his pairing with Morrison doesn’t seem to be working and Smithies looks very shaky. Hard to judge Glatzel as he’s so isolated.

All in all a terrible performance
    I thought the 2 centre halfs actually were among only a small number who did Ok.

Won their ball, blocked well and Flint showed a fair bit of pace.

They need to put a bit of space between each other at throws and corners mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post

Fairly even first 25, but we completely lost our shape when Pack went off.

Full backs awful Vaulks and Bacuna off the pace and giving the ball away regularly.
    Hoillet dog shit, NML a passenger.
    Gratzl unable to hold the ball up.

Bit of an improvement in the 2nd half, but still torn to shreds on the break.

Reading were excellent, the wingers, striker and the midfielder with the dreadlocks were all superb and they aren’t going to struggle this season.

Puscas and João both would have been good signings for us.

Just got to hope we can bounce back quick- and that Pack isn’t badly injured, games will come thick and fast now
    Can think of no football reason why Bacuna was signed, particularly on such a very long term very lucrative contract.

Dreadful. I thought Reading looked as if they were taking the piss towards the end with all the stepovers and flicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Since62 View Post
    Can think of no football reason why Bacuna was signed, particularly on such a very long term very lucrative contract.
    Who's His agent?

a defense that cant defend,a midfield that cant hold or deliver the ball and forwards that cant score goals...if it wasn't true it would be funny

Morrison and Flint did ok, as did Ralls. Unfair to judge Glatzel as he was so isolated

The rest were utter shit, especially Bacuna and Bennett

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Who's His agent?
    He was a very strange signing and on such a long contract as well, it made no sense at the time for a Premier league side and still don't know what he adds to the side. We must have better options than having to play him in the team. Apart from his substitute debut away against Southampton ( when he played well for the last 15 minutes) every other time I've seen him play he's either been average or very poor

It won’t be any consolation but that’s the best we have played in years. We needed to match your physicality and did. Once Puscas scored that superb individual goal the game had a completely different feel to it.
    Ejaria and Swift were outstanding for us and obviously Puscas was top notch.
    I was astonished Murphy didn’t start for you.

However it’s early days. You will be fine.

He was a very strange signing and on such a long contract as well, it made no sense at the time for a Premier league side and still don't know what he adds to the side. We must have better options than having to play him in the team. Apart from his substitute debut away against Southampton ( when he played well for the last 15 minutes) every other time I've seen him play he's either been average or very poor
    It’s a stinker of a signing. Doesn’t stack up at all. Absolutely no logic to paying 3m for a struggling championship footballer for a premier league side and handing him a 4.5 year contract.

Tan can’t let go of the Cornelius signing some 6 years later but if I was him I’d take a closer look at home at some of more the recent signings, starting with the Bacuna deal.

He’s stealing a living. A living Tan is going to have to pay for for a very long time.

Be interesting to know who will be making a load of money out of this deal besides the player himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Who's His agent?
    He is represented by Unique Sports Management. I think we have heard of them before !

He has been a very lucrative signing for the Warnock family though