+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: I'm not putting up with that.

I'm not putting up with that.

We really looked lost.
    It's as if we expected to be 2 0 up in the first 20 minutes.
    I expected us to walk that game.
    I know they don't know each other yet but it was just so hard to take after the brilliant team we have had for the last two seasons.

I would sit them all down on Monday and ask them what's going wrong. They must know as I believe they are all very capable players.

There was one bright incident today. I think it was RG had a quality shot tipped over.

Maybe just maybe it was one of those days. Their heads came off for certain.

Re: I'm not putting up with that.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    We really looked lost.
    It's as if we expected to be 2 0 up in the first 20 minutes.
    I expected us to walk that game.
    I know they don't know each other yet but it was just so hard to take after the brilliant team we have had for the last two seasons.

I would sit them all down on Monday and ask them what's going wrong. They must know as I believe they are all very capable players.

There was one bright incident today. I think it was RG had a quality shot tipped over.

Maybe just maybe it was one of those days. Their heads came off for certain.
    You think they're all very capable and we had a brilliant team last season?

It's difficult, as you say, they don't know each other so maybe there's the 'gel' factor, which they haven't had time to do yet. However, as individual players they all look like they've never seen a football before, Ralls and Morrison our veterans as well were completely lost today. As bad a performance I've seen us put in at any level for quite some time. Above all I think the first 3 games have shown how important Bruno was for us the last few years.

Sometimes you have to give the opposition credit. We have signed some very talented players. Today was the first time they started. We played as well as I have seen in years. Shit happens. You should win midweek and will then be a couple of points outside the play offs. It’s the beauty of the Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    It's difficult, as you say, they don't know each other so maybe there's the 'gel' factor, which they haven't had time to do yet. However, as individual players they all look like they've never seen a football before, Ralls and Morrison our veterans as well were completely lost today. As bad a performance I've seen us put in at any level for quite some time. Above all I think the first 3 games have shown how important Bruno was for us the last few years.
    Gelled? They spent 20 million late in the window and their new players played for the first time yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Sometimes you have to give the opposition credit. We have signed some very talented players. Today was the first time they started. We played as well as I have seen in years. Shit happens. You should win midweek and will then be a couple of points outside the play offs. It’s the beauty of the Championship.
    Thought you looked excellent in parts. City weren't clever, but surprised that more on here aren't acknowledging how well your side played yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Peter View Post
    Thought you looked excellent in parts. City weren't clever, but surprised that more on here aren't acknowledging how well your side played yesterday.
    Reading certainly did play well as a unit and several individuals were genuinely impressive, but it's hard to escape the idea that the home side looked as good as it did largely because the visitors were so ponderous and disorganised.

We made them look a Premier League club and I would be surprised if they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    I don't think they ever will at this rate. Warnock had played 23 different players in our first two games (24 after yesterday). I'm not sure he knows his own team's strengths.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    I don't think they ever will at this rate. Warnock had played 23 different players in our first two games (24 after yesterday). I'm not sure he knows his own team's strengths.
    Yes I noted that too. Consistency eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Your team did play well - congrats - but we were really crap to be honest

Anyone considered that with 20 million spent reading could possibly become a threat this year?

It doesn’t take a lot to move from a struggling team to one that can challenge in this league with money spent wisely (can also go badly wrong)

That’s the frustrating thing about us and “giving it a real go” we didn’t need to do an awful lot. And we didn’t even do that.