+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bacuna

Bacuna

What’s the deal with him then? Not sure I’ve seen a player look worse for many years for us- since the dungeon days really.

He’s slow, very poor on the ball, can’t read the game, can’t tackle, I’m just not sure what’s going on?

I am prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt as he can’t be as bad as he looks? What do fans of other teams think of him? I’d prefer Greg Halford coming back.

Re: Bacuna

I don't think he's done too badly for us when used as a midfielder, but it's pretty clear that he's completely unsuited to playing at right-back.

I don't think he has been particularly convincing in any role so far. We paid a fee that Reading bit our hand off for, a player that Reading fans were not too bothered about losing and we gave him a ridiculously long 4 and a half year contract. I hope we're not paying him a ridiculous wage.

The comforting thought for the Huddersfield match is that they have Bacuna who is as equally as bad as our Bacuna. Why Warnock actually paid a fee for this player, gave him a 4 year contract and incidentally calls him Leo, gives further credence that Neil needs to retire gracefully as the game has surely now passed him by. Perhaps Warnock intends to use Leo as a tractor driver on his Cornish farm.

He's woeful

Not fit for purpose, whatever that purpose may be. Never has been any good and never will be. Unbelievable transfer business.

Was it a 5 year contract!?

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    41/2

No he's staying until the lights go out , I have seen him play reasonably well a few times in midfield , only well enough to suggest a good support option in the last 20 minutes of a game .

I am not sure what we can expect as we don't look like flashing the cash a lot of players like Arter don't fancy staying with us , he has to fish in the west country pool of talent it seems or Scotland ,Ireland

Who's his agent?

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Who's his agent?
    Unique Sports Management

Like any player he needs a run of competitive games to come up to speed. This is a problem with any squad player who is essentially at the club as back up.
    He was hopelessly off the pace on Sunday and seemed destined for a red card while at full back which at least wasn't an issue in midfield although he remained very poor. Nelson at full-back was actually worse IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Unique Sports Management
    Do we know anything about them?

I think we do !

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    I think we do !

Same agent for Morrison, Ralls, Peltier, Tomlin & some very useful Premiership players
    https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/uniq...a/berater/4142

& it's the 11th largest in the world

They're a stand up, excellent agency representing the most exciting and talented players, who just HAPPEN to employ Warnock's son

Coincidentally 6 of our current players are represented by USM, including long-term signings Lee Tomlin and Leandro Bacuna. A coincidence I'm sure...

They're a stand up, excellent agency representing the most exciting and talented players, who just HAPPEN to employ Warnock's son

Coincidentally 6 of our current players are represented by USM, including long-term signings Lee Tomlin and Leandro Bacuna. A coincidence I'm sure...
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm indeed

I thought it’s the players that employ the agents?

See bacuna in his Range Rover all the time. He’s stealing a living!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post

It is the agent who negotiates the contract terms with the manager of the buying club , plus the terms of any improved contracts on renewal. No potential conflict there then on agreeing a very lucrative contract for Bacuna or a substantially improved contract for Morrison just after he changed agents!

I would not for one moment suggest anything untoward in the granting of those contracts or others seemingly of no benefit to CCFC as a club such as the contracts given to two of the sons of Willie McKay (no involvement of James Warnock in those as far as I am aware) but there is a certain smell about them not dissimilar to a fart in a sauna.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post

Well his contract is worth about £4.7M, a Range Rover works out at around 1% of his salary can a player be done for fraud, pretending to be a footballer?

Yes we've got another 4 years of watching him, and it will be 4 years as no one else is going to buy him or pay him decent money. He should be no more than a bench warmer at most but given we have only Joe Ralls in midfield we can look forward to him playing in the middle for the next few games. Either that or Paterson!

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    Yes we've got another 4 years of watching him, and it will be 4 years as no one else is going to buy him or pay him decent money. He should be no more than a bench warmer at most but given we have only Joe Ralls in midfield we can look forward to him playing in the middle for the next few games. Either that or Paterson!
    A somewhat depressing thought

Quote Originally Posted by Since62 View Post
    It is the agent who negotiates the contract terms with the manager of the buying club , plus the terms of any improved contracts on renewal. No potential conflict there then on agreeing a very lucrative contract for Bacuna or a substantially improved contract for Morrison just after he changed agents!

[B]I would[/B] not for one moment suggest anything untoward in the granting of those contracts or others seemingly of no benefit to CCFC as a club such as the contracts given to two of the sons of Willie McKay (no involvement of James Warnock in those as far as I am aware) but there is a certain smell about them not dissimilar to a fart in a sauna.

As a kid I thought stink bombs were a great idea for a moment or two, but the stench has lingered for too long regarding signings, agents , various "contacts" and favours , about 2 years too long. I hope the club are taking notes and have a plan of action for this season and next, or The Slade days maybe around the corner. Some of the performances and tactics at Reading were pathetic, but Warnock blamed the defenders for the result, bit rich that one.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    Suppose Paterson can put himself about a bit and has an eye for a scuffed goal.