+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warnock Clutching At Straws?

Warnock Clutching At Straws?

"We were good for the first 20 minutes"

To me translates to they sussed our long high ball game after 20 minutes and they bossed the whole remaining 70 minutes. Surely we cant go on playing this hit and hope game and hope that the 50/50s come off for us.

I've always been a fan of Warnock, but if he continues to play hoof ball, we will lose many more and I fear his days may be numbered??

Re: Warnock Clutching At Straws?

Our possession stats half way through the first half were around 50-50 and we'd completed more passes than them prior to Pack being crocked.

Quote Originally Posted by Peajay View Post

To me translates to they sussed our long high ball game after 20 minutes and they bossed the whole remaining 70 minutes. Surely we cant go on playing this hit and hope game and hope that the 50/50s come off for us.

I've always been a fan of Warnock, but if he continues to play hoof ball, we will lose many more and I fear his days may be numbered??

It didn't need them 20 minutes of game time to suss that we play long ball. Every man & his dog knows what we do, we are so predictable.

Managers of opposing teams must delight at having to prepare against us. They can probably spend 30 minutes analysing videos of us at throw-ins and corners on a Monday morning to know how to nullify us - the rest of the week they can relax on the golf course.

I was surprised at how much we were actually passing it around for the first 20 minutes. Very laid back.

Did you catch the game? Certainly weren't playing long ball in the first 20.

We were imposing ourselves on the game before Pack went off. I was quite impressed with our ball retention.

After Pack got injured we completely lost our shape, the fullbacks got caught time and time again and we folded like a pack of cards. Pun intended.

So, when is Pack back? Hasn’t been injured for years apparently, typically he does with us.

Pack went off and we lost all control. We were definitely the better side until then. We've now shipped 6 in 2 away games, and it should have been 7 with the missed pen. Shambles.

Sorry not coping with one player missing reflects very poorly on the managers ability. He needs to fix it and fix it fast!

First 20 mins we did keep the ball well and actually pass it around. Not sure we ever created a chance mind.

How can one player who's been at the club a week be so integral to the system?!

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    Sorry not coping with one player missing reflects very poorly on the managers ability. He needs to fix it and fix it fast!

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    First 20 mins we did keep the ball well and actually pass it around. Not sure we ever created a chance mind.

How can one player who's been at the club a week be so integral to the system?!
    That is the worrying part.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    That is the worrying part.
    Don’t forget we only just managed to get Pack in at the last minute so we all know there is no obvious cover in the squad ! We knew last Nay we need to recruit midfield players , We got Vaulks and Pack , needed at least 1 more .....oh and a right back !

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Pack went off and we lost all control. We were definitely the better side until then. We've now shipped 6 in 2 away games, and it should have been 7 with the missed pen. Shambles.
    Erm, Wigan also failed from the spot.

With pack out, we've got to look forward to seeing Bacuna (1/10 on Sunday) play there. Oh well at least he can swap shirts with his brother at the end....but maybe not as his brother was hauled off by Huddersfield on Saturday for being absolute rubbish too.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Erm, Wigan also failed from the spot.
    Oh yeah, I was there and I must have blanked that out. Going well.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I was surprised at how much we were actually passing it around for the first 20 minutes. Very laid back.
    Yeh, you are right. I must have only remembered last 70.

I always think the ten game rule is valid. See where you are after ten games. By then the Championship will be taking shape.
    You should not have sold Reid and I’m baffled Murphy isn’t starting.
    I do think you need a plan B though. The long throws into our box became predictable after a while. You certainly need more creativity from midfield.

Hope I’m wrong but I think we could end up this seasons Stoke in the Championship!

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    It didn't need them 20 minutes of game time to suss that we play long ball. Every man & his dog knows what we do, we are so predictable.

Managers of opposing teams must delight at having to prepare against us. They can probably spend 30 minutes analysing videos of us at throw-ins and corners on a Monday morning to know how to nullify us - the rest of the week they can relax on the golf course.
    In the Championship, with some protection for goalies, and in the premier league, same with added bonus of VAR finding an offensive handball 6 times out of 10, it must be really easy to defend long balls: just get your body in the way and you'll probably get a free-kick.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    Hope I’m wrong but I think we could end up this seasons Stoke in the Championship!
    I fear we could end up like Sunderland

Quote Originally Posted by fingers View Post
    I fear we could end up like Sunderland
    Confidence certainly isn't there. We're a big scalp having been relegated. Poor transfer window. Not much quality in the squad and the team spirit isn't what it was even last season. What made us great when we won promotion isn't there now. Makes me wonder if Warnock's heart is fully in it. The Sala tragedy hit him hard, he's admitted as such. Long way to go but we look like a team going through the motions not hungry and together.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Confidence certainly isn't there. We're a big scalp having been relegated. Poor transfer window. Not much quality in the squad and the team spirit isn't what it was even last season. What made us great when we won promotion isn't there now. Makes me wonder if Warnock's heart is fully in it. The Sala tragedy hit him hard, he's admitted as such. Long way to go but we look like a team going through the motions not hungry and together.
    We seem destined to be a mid-table team in the Championship and that's a bit of a disappointment with the benefit of parachute payments and the tasters of the Premier League in recent seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Warnock had been free to leave in the summer if he had wanted.