+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Windows 10 update - beware

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Windows 10 update - beware

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    Updated this morning. All appears to be ok?
    Yes, it seems that only a minority of Windows 10 users are affected, for some unknown reason (although that probably translates into thousands of users of course). My PC was updated last night and I also had no problems. (I made sure absolutely everything was backed up before I allowed the update to go ahead!). It seems the update to my wife's laptop was a major update as it took eons to complete, whereas the update to my PC took just a few minutes, so presumably not the same update.

Windows sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Yes, it seems that only a minority of Windows 10 users are affected, for some unknown reason (although that probably translates into thousands of users of course). My PC was updated last night and I also had no problems. (I made sure absolutely everything was backed up before I allowed the update to go ahead!). It seems the update to my wife's laptop was a major update as it took eons to complete, whereas the update to my PC took just a few minutes, so presumably not the same update.
    Any luck since yesterday?

Is your missus' Windows account a local account, or does she log-in via a Microsoft account (outlook.com/hotmail.co.uk etc)?