+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ponderous Cardiff overrun again.

Ponderous Cardiff overrun again.

Re: Ponderous Cardiff overrun again.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    "once again, our musclebound, lumbering land of the giants side were run ragged by mobile, speedy and technically proficient attacking players..."

Pretty much sums it up. For the past couple of seasons I've considered Joe Ralls the least skillful and creative of our midfielders. Against Reading he looked almost Messi-like amongst an awful shambles of a team. Which brings me to a point you raise, as have a few others, and which I considered after watching the 'match' - we hear about players 'buying in' to the manager's philosophy. It's a distinct possibility that those who've had two long hard seasons of complying are now rejecting - or at least losing faith in - our Manager's tactics...

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    "once again, our musclebound, lumbering land of the giants side were run ragged by mobile, speedy and technically proficient attacking players..."

Pretty much sums it up. For the past couple of seasons I've considered Joe Ralls the least skillful and creative of our midfielders. Against Reading he looked almost Messi-like amongst an awful shambles of a team. Which brings me to a point you raise, as have a few others, and which I considered after watching the 'match' - we hear about players 'buying in' to the manager's philosophy. It's a distinct possibility that those who've had two long hard seasons of complying are now rejecting - or at least losing faith in - our Manager's tactics...
    That's a great point you've raised about the players. Problem with Warnock is that he's not progressive, i don't have the eveidence at hand but i don't think that he leaves clubs in a better position-certainly player and development wise-It's not like he's playing a certain style because of our limitations but with the thought process of gradually changing things. We'll play the same in the next game and the game after that, he will make changes and might change formation slightly, although one thing is for sure the style of play wont change.

A Quiet Monkfish - it certainly looked that way yesterday.

You know things must be bad when not even dml1954 comes on here to defend Warnock and the players!

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    You know things must be bad when not even dml1954 comes on here to defend Warnock and the players!
    He'll wait until we win.