+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Joe Bennett

Joe Bennett

I've just seen the first goal again and I can't believe how lazy Joe Bennett was

Vaulks is busting a gut to keep up with Puscas and goes all the way into the left back position whilst Bennett, who was closer to Puscas when we lost the ball, just jogs back

When Vaulks holds Puscas up near the touchline Bennett doesn't even bother going to help him out. When Vaulks is inevitably beaten by Puscas, rather than going towards him Bennett just stands off in no man's land, allowing him so much time to make up his mind and curl it into the net. Bennett was also done for their second before giving Swift so much time and space to pick out the cross.

I know there were plenty of problems yesterday, but how he was deemed good enough to be our only left back this season whilst sending Cunningham out on loan is beyond me

Re: Joe Bennett

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I've just seen the first goal again and I can't believe how lazy Joe Bennett was

Vaulks is busting a gut to keep up with Puscas and goes all the way into the left back position whilst Bennett, who was closer to Puscas when we lost the ball, just jogs back

When Vaulks holds Puscas up near the touchline Bennett doesn't even bother going to help him out. When Vaulks is inevitably beaten by Puscas, rather than going towards him Bennett just stands off in no man's land, allowing him so much time to make up his mind and curl it into the net. Bennett was also done for their second before giving Swift so much time and space to pick out the cross.

I know there were plenty of problems yesterday, but how he was deemed good enough to be our only left back this season whilst sending Cunningham out on loan is beyond me
    Woeful defender. Ok when the ball is in front of him (sometimes) when he's tracking back his awareness and positioning can be shocking. Ball watches. Wrnock must love him.

I am not a big fan of Bennett. Caught out positionally too often

Overrated by some and I can never understand it. He's all over the place, constantly out of position, usually ball-watching.

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post
    I am not a big fan of Bennett. Caught out positionally too often
    Agreed

He was probably conserving energy, as he'll have to play 46 matches this season.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    He was probably conserving energy, as he'll have to play 46 matches this season.