+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Mendez Laing

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Mendez Laing

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Old Mendez. There's a fundamental problem with him, he doesn't even know what he's going to do with the ball. I've actually seen him leave the ball behind and run it into touch. When it works it's brilliant, more often than not it doesn't. He needs three touches to set himself.
    On his day, he's unplayable and is the best winger in the league. When he's off it, which is more often, my God he's bad. He hasn't got the technique or skill to play within himself, so he's very all or nothing. He's probably got to play but the bad is so bad.

Re: Mendez Laing

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    On his day, he's unplayable and is the best winger in the league. When he's off it, which is more often, my God he's bad. He hasn't got the technique or skill to play within himself, so he's very all or nothing. He's probably got to play but the bad is so bad.
    A fair assessment

Considering that Hoilett has been out of form for a while, NML is at best inconsistent (and remember he can’t play during the winter due to his asthma medication) and Whyte is still unproven at this level... leaves only Murphy as a (semi) reliable winger..... makes the decision to let Kadeem go, who is doing very well, look like another transfer disaster