Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
I would pay good money to watch Mendez Laing play up front on his own, trying to hold the ball up and bring others into play. It'd be footballs version of Pin Ball. The only way the ball would stick is if we wrapped him in velcro and played the game with a tennis ball from Hyper Value.
Mendez Lang is a League 1 winger whose pace surprised one or two Premier League full backs because he knocked it past them and ran.

When he has no space to run into after doing that he is hopeless. He had a good end to last season but his passing or crossing is woeful.

I thought the relatively high possession we had in the first 20 minutes on Saturday left our players rather confused. All that ball and incapable of making a decent pass. Ralls was the worst offender, because he tried to pass and failed.

A depressing scenario, but a chance, somehow, to put some things right on Wednesday. I am keeping my fingers crossed, but not with a great deal of confidence. It could be argued that we have more League 1 level players now than at all recently, and we are relying on them to step up.

I sense the end of an era. I hope I am wrong.