+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: OT. Talk talk broadband

OT. Talk talk broadband

Was going to mention yesterday’s game but it’s all been said so here goes
    I know there was a thread recently about talk talk but couldn’t find it , I’m thinking of switching from virgin broadband which will save me a few pennies as I don’t use or need the home line or the telly , would you recommend Talk Talk

Re: OT. Talk talk broadband

Absolutely not.

I made the switch from virgin and eventhough talk talk are fine now, the first 4 months was hell! Had 1-6 mbps speeds which averaged at 4 mbps, internet was totally unusable at peak times and their customer services are appalling. Made countless calls and sent a ridiculous amount of emails. They eventually sorted it out after 4 months but that was after being told time after time that it was an issue with my equipment or a fault inside my house (they put the line in for me!). I then had to fight to get compensation for the months of unusable service!!
    I am now running at 71Mbps and, touch wood, no problems.

Horrendous customer service, worst I have ever experienced. Dont know how these companies get away with it.

I’ve found

Virgin 108MB£27

TT 67MB £27.45

Have you just considered staying with them and having just broadband?
    I know you “pay” for the phone but it’s still as good a deal as the rest out there, better if you consider their higher speeds.

Quote Originally Posted by mbatte View Post
    Absolutely not.

I made the switch from virgin and eventhough talk talk are fine now, the first 4 months was hell! Had 1-6 mbps speeds which averaged at 4 mbps, internet was totally unusable at peak times and their customer services are appalling. Made countless calls and sent a ridiculous amount of emails. They eventually sorted it out after 4 months but that was after being told time after time that it was an issue with my equipment or a fault inside my house (they put the line in for me!). I then had to fight to get compensation for the months of unusable service!!
    I am now running at 71Mbps and, touch wood, no problems.

Horrendous customer service, worst I have ever experienced. Dont know how these companies get away with it.
    Cheers for that mate

I had A flyer in the post saying how good they are so thought I’d make the change as I’m paying for virgin telly and home line which I don’t use
    Talk talk is £26 per month just st for the broadband which is £20 cheaper than what I’m paying

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I’ve found

Virgin 108MB£27

TT 67MB £27.45

Have you just considered staying with them and having just broadband?
    I know you “pay” for the phone but it’s still as good a deal as the rest out there, better if you consider their higher speeds.

Didn’t know you could do that , last time I spoke to them about my package I was told I had to have the phone line and telly package even though it’s the basic one

Quote Originally Posted by walinoz View Post
    I know there was a thread recently about talk talk but couldn’t find it , I’m thinking of switching from virgin broadband which will save me a few pennies as I don’t use or need the home line or the telly , would you recommend Talk Talk
    http://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.php...and-Phone-Deal

Any issues just register on the community forum and the help is there, as well as on line chat facility.

Didn’t know you could do that , last time I spoke to them about my package I was told I had to have the phone line and telly package even though it’s the basic one
    You will pay for a phone line, but just disconnect it.

My BIL pays £29 for just a basic TV package, BB and phone (disconnected) trust me when I say this man watches his pennies.

You can get BB and phone for 27 quid. TT broadband is 27.45 and 50% slower. Plus you don’t know what you’re gonna get BB wise and you do with VM

check out uswith and the like, you can filter for speeds and just broadband etc. They’ll show you the lot. Try a couple as they may not all put up all companies.

Plus net seems to be a favourite with Uswitch for example..

Been with them since they were pipex, a few gitches in maybe more than 15 years, but fine for me.

Talk Talk have the worst customer service.

Plusnet have call centers in the UK. Get fibre broadband only and its less than £30 a month and you can keep your number. Use a mobile for outgoing calls. I get 67 Mbps and I'm out in the sticks. They may be a quid or so more, but if you consider how good the customer service is, it's worth it.