+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 2 - 1 HUDDERSFIELD TOWN. Match thread

FT: CARDIFF CITY 2 - 1 HUDDERSFIELD TOWN. Match thread

Cardiff City v Huddersfield, Wednesday August 21st, ko 7:45pm

Referee: JARRED GILLETT

Assistants: Mark Russell and Mark Pottage

Fourth Official: Tim Robinson

The referee for Wednesday's game v Huddersfield is Jarred Gillett. If his name is not familiar then you are not alone in thinking that.

Gillett, until March 2019, referee'd in the Australian A League. He is an EPL rookie and Wednesday's game v Huddersfield will be just his 6th game in charge in the UK.

Re: CARDIFF CITY v HUDDERSFIELD TOWN. Match thread

Smithies

Peltier
    Morrison
    Flint
    Bennett

Whyte
    Vaulks
    Pack
    Murphy

Vassell
    Glatzel

The warnock 4-2-3-1 has been found out, so I think a tweak into a 442 would help the team out. Also, Warnock moans that throughout his career he's failed with strikers, maybe it's time to stop playing them up top on their own.

A watershed match. Warnock may have been found out. This game will tell a lot.

I'll be in Scotland watching Fort William at Rothes in the cup. Think it might be a more entertaining affair....

If fit hes GOT TO PLAY TOMLIN

A battle of which crap team can lose the least.

Smithies

Coxe
    Morrison
    Flint
    Bennett

Vaulks
    Ralls
    Bacuna (sigh)

Murphy
    Glatzel
    Hoilett

I would love us to beat Huddesfield but we just managed two 0-0 draws with them in the premiership. All Hudson has to do is stick 5 big lumps at the back and hit us on the break.

I just hope we got a plan B.

Quote Originally Posted by nearly 40 View Post
    I would love us to beat Huddesfield but we just managed two 0-0 draws with them in the premiership. All Hudson has to do is stick 5 big lumps at the back and hit us on the break.

I just hope we got a plan B.
    Oi, they’re our tactics!!

• Cardiff are unbeaten in their last 11 games against Huddersfield in all competitions (W7 D4 L0) since a 1-0 defeat in January 2003.
    • Last season, both of Cardiff and Huddersfield's Premier League meetings ended goalless despite 36 shots attempted over the two games.
    • Cardiff's 3-0 defeat by Reading last time out was their joint-heaviest league defeat under Neil Warnock outside of the top flight, having also lost 3-0 to Preston in September 2017.
    • Huddersfield have won none of their last 13 league games against Welsh opponents (W0 D5 L8), failing to score in 10 of those games, including each of their last five.
    • Neil Warnock has only lost two of his 14 league matches against Huddersfield (W8 D4 L2), a club he managed between 1993 and 1995.
    • Karlan Grant, who has scored each of Huddersfield's three league goals this season, has netted seven times for the Terriers in league matches since his debut in January 2019; in that time, no other Huddersfield player has managed to score more than one league goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    • Cardiff are unbeaten in their last 11 games against Huddersfield in all competitions (W7 D4 L0) since a 1-0 defeat in January 2003.
    • Last season, both of Cardiff and Huddersfield's Premier League meetings ended goalless despite 36 shots attempted over the two games.
    • Cardiff's 3-0 defeat by Reading last time out was their joint-heaviest league defeat under Neil Warnock outside of the top flight, having also lost 3-0 to Preston in September 2017.
    • Huddersfield have won none of their last 13 league games against Welsh opponents (W0 D5 L8), failing to score in 10 of those games, including each of their last five.
    • Neil Warnock has only lost two of his 14 league matches against Huddersfield (W8 D4 L2), a club he managed between 1993 and 1995.
    • Karlan Grant, who has scored each of Huddersfield's three league goals this season, has netted seven times for the Terriers in league matches since his debut in January 2019; in that time, no other Huddersfield player has managed to score more than one league goal.
    All points to a comfortable home win then.
    2-0 Huddersfield.

Cardiff could be without summer signing Marlon Pack at home to Huddersfield. The former Bristol City midfielder was forced off during the first half of Sunday's 3-0 defeat at Reading with a leg injury.

But Lee Peltier, who missed the trip to Reading after having an injection in his ankle, is set to return and replace Leandro Bacuna at right-back. Callum Paterson faces a late check and Isaac Vassell hopes to make his first Cardiff start after building up his fitness since his deadline-day move from Birmingham.

Former Cardiff captain Mark Hudson will be in caretaker charge of Huddersfield following the departure of Jan Siewert three games into the Sky Bet Championship season.

Hudson is contemplating handing a debut to Frazier Campbell, who was signed as a free agent by Siewert and who has been training with the full squad for the last week. The once-capped England striker was a team-mate of Hudson's at Cardiff, scoring 16 goals in 52 games for the Bluebirds between 2013 and 2014.

On-loan Chelsea midfielder Trevoh Chalobah hopes to make his first league start for the Terriers after impressing off the bench during the 2-1 home defeat to Fulham, while Rajiv Van La Parra is also in contention.

What are the hopes for tonight?

After that debacle on Sunday I have difficulty envisaging ever winning a game again. I was left with the feeling that Neil had "lost the dressing-room", no-one seemed to give a *uck! In recent seasons we have made up for lack of class and skill with a great deal of endeavour with players playing for each other, trying to make poor passes into good ones, I saw none of that on Sunday.

Desperately hope that I'm wrong and we show some of the form that was on show in the early games in the last season we were in the Championship. The first three home games (Villa, Sheff. Utd can't remember the other) we played like a side that wouldn't have been out of place in the Premier League. Alright we have lost some of the personnel from that team but even if we played half as well as that on a regular basis we should get into a promotion battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Seabird View Post
    What are the hopes for tonight?

After that debacle on Sunday I have difficulty envisaging ever winning a game again. I was left with the feeling that Neil had "lost the dressing-room", no-one seemed to give a *uck! In recent seasons we have made up for lack of class and skill with a great deal of endeavour with players playing for each other, trying to make poor passes into good ones, I saw none of that on Sunday.

Desperately hope that I'm wrong and we show some of the form that was on show in the early games in the last season we were in the Championship. The first three home games (Villa, Sheff. Utd can't remember the other) we played like a side that wouldn't have been out of place in the Premier League. Alright we have lost some of the personnel from that team but even if we played half as well as that on a regular basis we should get into a promotion battle.
    Whatever happens tonight the first priority should be to galvanize the team and fans after that debacle on Sunday, if that means a change in formation 442 and having somebody actually supporting Glatzel so much the better

I would rather see either Bogle or Vassel with him and have two holding midfielders sat in front of the back four supported by Murphy and Whyte on the flanks.

Tomlin should be on the bench at least, my head says 0 0 and my heart hopes for a real response from the team and 3 0

For the first time in a long time I just don’t think I’ll even keep a track on tonight’s game.

Need a little break away from the shite we serve up week in week out.

Hope he realises one striker no matter how good will struggle in HIS set up. And 2 wingers can’t be left with the responsibility of ALL our attacks.

Do the Terriers set up 352?
    If so we do need to match them from the off with 2 up top.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Do the Terriers set up 352?
    If so we do need to match them from the off with 2 up top.
    Seem to have been 433 all season according to FlashScores app.

This is a game we will win, and then think it is all alright. Now we go on a run. But we won’t.
    Based on what? They are shite, gut feeling and dejavu..

Lee Tomlin to change the season?

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    Lee Tomlin to change the season?
    He's starting btw.

C'mon City

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    He's starting btw.

C'mon City
    How does that line up?

My “not watching or looking for updates” stance has changed in seeing the team.

Love being kicked when I’m down lol.

Tomlin our saviour.. Come on you Bluebirds!!!

What’s the team?

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    What’s the team?
    Alex Smithies
    Lee Peltier
    Sean Morrison
    Aden Flint
    Joe Bennett
    Joe Ralls
    Leandro Bacuna