+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dan James starts for united

Dan James starts for united

Want him to do well this season. United look quite steady. Plenty of possession. Nothing created yet mind.

Re: Dan James starts for united

He can't stay on his feet - booked now for his third dive.

He’s not having a good game. Lost the ball a few times.

Was a nice goal 1-0 man united

Defensively he's doing well in getting back to cover and attracting fouls to win back possession, but offensively he's got the worst touch out of any of the Man United forwards (obviously, no one else playing Championship football last year) and is struggling against a side playing as the away side. I don't think he's made three dives at all, although he did go down too easily when booked.

I thought he got clipped by moutinhos heel for the booking. Doesn’t seem like a cheat to me

Just doesn't look technically as good as those around him, sticks out a fair bit. Looks rapid

Why did Pogba take the penalty? Rashford is one of the best penalty takers in the Premier League.

"It was the fourth penalty that Pogba has missed since the start of last season after failing to convert against Burnley, Everton and Southampton last term.

Rashford, meanwhile, has a perfect penalty record for United and scored from the spot to break the deadlock against Chelsea last weekend.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, the United manager, said that neither Pogba nor Rashford are designated as his taker.

Instead, the players are encouraged to decide between themselves, depending on who feels confident that they will score.
    "

There is no chance that would have happened under Alex Ferguson. Somebody would have got a boot in the face!

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Why did Pogba take the penalty? Rashford is one of the best penalty takers in the Premier League.

"It was the fourth penalty that Pogba has missed since the start of last season after failing to convert against Burnley, Everton and Southampton last term.

Rashford, meanwhile, has a perfect penalty record for United and scored from the spot to break the deadlock against Chelsea last weekend.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, the United manager, said that neither Pogba nor Rashford are designated as his taker.

Instead, the players are encouraged to decide between themselves, depending on who feels confident that they will score.
    "

There is no chance that would have happened under Alex Ferguson. Somebody would have got a boot in the face!
    Does anybody else think that this is a lot of fuss about nothing? Sure maybe Rashford should have taken it because he scored last week but as Rashford explained, there's two of them and sometimes one of the feels particularly confident so takes the pen. You'd have thought they'd subbed the kitman on to take it from the fuss people are making, ex players mostly. And a player kicked a fan in the head during the Ferguson years if I remember rightly so maybe people should tone back the 'no one dared step out of line' rhetoric.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Does anybody else think that this is a lot of fuss about nothing? Sure maybe Rashford should have taken it because he scored last week but as Rashford explained, there's two of them and sometimes one of the feels particularly confident so takes the pen. You'd have thought they'd subbed the kitman on to take it from the fuss people are making, ex players mostly. And a player kicked a fan in the head during the Ferguson years if I remember rightly so maybe people should tone back the 'no one dared step out of line' rhetoric.
    It's all rubbish. Players stepped out of line all the time under Ferguson, Giggs was having an affair with his brother's wife and Fergie knew all about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    It's all rubbish. Players stepped out of line all the time under Ferguson, Giggs was having an affair with his brother's wife and Fergie knew all about it.
    This has just reminded me of a Lee Sharpe story I heard actually, talking about Ferguson's reaction to the Cantona incident

"The manager comes in and he's absolutely fuming. The door smashes off the back of its hinges. The jacket is off, he's got the short sleeves rolled up; steam coming out of his ears and frothing at the mouth. There's benches in the middle of the room with shirts and balls to be signed. Cups of tea and plates of sandwiches. They're sent f**king flying everywhere.

"We're getting scalded and getting egg sandwiches down the back of our necks. We look at each other, thinking, 'F**king hell, Cantona is getting it here!'

"And the he starts, the manager. 'F**king Pallister, you can't head anything, you can't tackle. Incey, where the f**k have you been? Sharpey, my grandmother runs f**king faster than you! ... You're all a f**king disgrace. 9 o'clock, tomorrow morning, I'm going to run your f**king balls off in training. F**king shocking. And Eric.... [in a softer tone] you can't go round doing things like that son'."

Love that story

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    There are winners, and then there's everybody else. I dont believe OGS has got total control of the team, because he is not that sort of manager, and Pogba has always been too big for his boots even if he is a good player.

"

That is not what he says. He said post match there are two designated penalty takers, and they control who takes it. Who feels up to it..

There are winners, and then there's everybody else. I dont believe OGS has got total control of the team, because he is not that sort of manager, and Pogba has always been too big for his boots even if he is a good player.
    Well, you certainly seem to try making the argument Everything else point in the other direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfmother View Post
    Well, you certainly seem to try making the argument Everything else point in the other direction.
    OGS is too likable to be getting people's backs up, he talks a good game though. But at the end of the day he's no Clough, Shankly or Ferguson no matter how you try to paint it. He hasn't got it in him to give his players a good bollocking, or to tell somebody they can't take penalties. On his tombstone will be written Ole Gunnar Solskjær - fans favourite - all round nice guy - never offended anybody. Even when he was telling his players to f*cking shoot he did it in a kind and gentle way

PS Pogba has a history of upsetting dressing rooms, so I can see OGS logic in letting him get on with it, but he should never take another penalty again while Rashford is on the pitch! He lost them two points yesterday.

OGS is too likable to be getting people's backs up, he talks a good game though. But at the end of the day he's no Clough, Shankly or Ferguson no matter how you try to paint it. He hasn't got it in him to give his players a good bollocking, or to tell somebody they can't take penalties. On his tombstone will be written Ole Gunnar Solskjær - fans favourite - all round nice guy - never offended anybody. Even when he was telling his players to f*cking shoot he did it in a kind and gentle way

PS Pogba has a history of upsetting dressing rooms, so I can see OGS logic in letting him get on with it, but he should never take another penalty again while Rashford is on the pitch! He lost them two points yesterday.
    That’s not what his players are saying, is it? Like your favorite Guardiola says. The difficult part about the job is keeping everyone happy. I know you watch a lot of Warnock football. But man management have moved somewhat away from that. If Pogba has history, he sure got a lot of praise for his conduct this summer. Maybe being nice to some and give a hairdresser to others works? Clutching at straws here mate, trying to invent stuff as you go along. What’s next? The squad is unfit? Remembered I’ve heard that before to.

Exhibit A: The Manchester United Way

That’s not what his players are saying, is it? Like your favorite Guardiola says. The difficult part about the job is keeping everyone happy. I know you watch a lot of Warnock football. But man management have moved somewhat away from that. If Pogba has history, he sure got a lot of praise for his conduct this summer. Maybe being nice to some and give a hairdresser to others works? Clutching at straws here mate, trying to invent stuff as you go along. What’s next? The squad is unfit? Remembered I’ve heard that before to.
    I've never played in a team where we didn't know who the fook was taking the penalty before the game

I've never played in a team where we didn't know who the fook was taking the penalty before the game
    You didn’t? Well, they have Pogba and that other fella. Don’t see what’s wrong with that..

You didn’t? Well, they have Pogba and that other fella. Don’t see what’s wrong with that..
    Maybe their strike rates should be taken into account? Rashford is one of the best penalty takers in the Premier League, it's not even a close contest who should be taking the penalties. The best penalty taker in the team always takes the penalties, and this is established during the training drills. Yesterday was a very bizarre event.

Exhibit B:

Exhibit what? There are two players designated shooters. Pogba creates the penalty and ask to take it. What is he supposed to say? “My rate is better than yours”? He missed, so what? And then this is supposed to show Ole hasn’t got the dressing room? I think it is safe to say he does. Every report support that. And he isn’t ruthless enough? Look at the players in the stand and on the bench. I think it’s safe to say he got control.

And you know when Ince support your view it’s time to back track 😅

How come no one is talking about Pogba diving for the penalty? There would have been contact if he had waited a little longer, but he dived early and the contact seemed questiobale to me.

Exhibit what? There are two players designated shooters. Pogba creates the penalty and ask to take it. What is he supposed to say? “My rate is better than yours”? He missed, so what? And then this is supposed to show Ole hasn’t got the dressing room? I think it is safe to say he does. Every report support that. And he isn’t ruthless enough? Look at the players in the stand and on the bench. I think it’s safe to say he got control.

And you know when Ince support your view it’s time to back track ��
    The club will have the stats and the video from when the players practice their penalties. After thousands of kicks the club will know exactly who is the best penalty taker, and that will be Rashford by a country mile. He displays no emotion and he is deadly accurate. This is the perfect profile of a penalty taker!

The club will have the stats and the video from when the players practice their penalties. After thousands of kicks the club will know exactly who is the best penalty taker, and that will be Rashford by a country mile. He displays no emotion and he is deadly accurate. This is the perfect profile of a penalty taker!
    So? You certainly don’t have them, so what are you complaining about? They have two penalty takers, one of them a superstar. He made that penalty and wanted it. And missed. Really don’t se the fuzz.
    Unless you wanted it of course.