+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Disloyal supporters

Re: Disloyal supporters

I support Cardiff City, not Neil Warnock. For as long as he's here I will support him at the stadium but I am within my right to criticise the guy.

He's using this season as a farewell tour, I personally don't care for this being his last season in football, we should have used the position we were in this summer to transition into a new era, now we're stuck with a this mess of a squad and a manager who will be in 12 months regardless what league we're in.

Fans’ loyalty is to the club. I want what’s best for Cardiff City Football Club, not what’s best for VT or Dalman or ‘Our Neil’ (or young James).

Claiming to be special because you swear undying allegiance to the current manager should be treated as the virtue signalling it is.

Those craving club propaganda can head over to the club website or digest the official matchday programme. The purpose of a football message board is to promote debate, discussion and argument, to hear other points of view. So I hope the op won’t be offended if I say I disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by valley boy View Post
    The disloyalty shown to Neil Warnock by a section of armchair managers is beyond belief.
    Have you forgotten where we were before he arrived the pathetic state the club was in and the promotion he got us on a shoe string budget.not to mention the fact he embraced supporters with fans evenings etc.
    As soon as he needs our backing what does he get from some....... a knife in the back.
    you should be ashamed of yourselves. When the going gets a little bit hard and results[2] dont go our way slag off one of if not the best manager we have ever had....lovely.The way so called supporters turn never ceases to amaze me.The only comfort I have is that it is a minority who as usual make the most noise.
    Take a day off chaps get behind the team and lets see what happens.
    What Neil Warnock must be thinking I can only imagine.
    Get some loyalty and backbone.
    *pulls pin on hand grenade*

Cardiff City are a brand/product.
    We are customers.
    Neil Warnock is a paid member of staff with the responsibility to produce the product.
    The product is crap.
    The customers are not happy.

*Throws grenade and walks away*

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Amazing, isn't it? I mean, how can any Cardiff City fan possibly have anything but undying loyalty for a man who has previously managed Gainsborough Trinity, Burton Albion, Scarborough, Notts County, Torquay United, Huddersfield Town, Plymouth Argyle, Oldham Athletic, Bury, Sheffield United, Crystal Palace, QPR, Leeds United and Rotherham United?

It's madness, I tell you, madness.

Would the manager still have undying support if he took us into League 1?
    That actually looks more likely at the moment, rather than us breezing the Championship, as some people thought would happen almost as a matter of course.
    Still, we’ve got a lot of players from down there, haven’t we...

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    You're joking, aren't you?

Those who seem unable to accept criticism of the manager or debate the issues in a sensible manner are generally the older generation, not the youngsters - Valley Boy and dml whatever his name is being prime examples.
    So, I'm guilty of making a generalisation and you are not?

StT.
    <><

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I don't think there's anything wrong with that, but I also think criticising the team on here is fine too. The football discussion has been great since the season started.
    Agreed. I wasn't suggesting there was anything wrong with that, we're all different and get different things from our trips to football.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Excellent points . It's exactly the same group of kids who can't be civil in a discussion and who know bugger all about football except what they've picked up from tv pundits and playing that computer game they seem to like.
    Mind you, that performance was atrocious and there are big problems with the team, but Sir Neil knows enough about the game to put that right and he deserves our support for what he's done for the club even when things don't go smoothly.
    At which age do you stop classifying men as "kids"? I'm interested to know if I fall into the kid category and only form my footballing opinions from FIFA 98 and Gary Neville.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    And at least he's not Russell Osman either. I had Talksport on in the car this morning and they were speaking to Sam Alladyce. Alladyce mentioned he had spoken to Osman recently and he was currently working in India. I wouldn't trust Osman to be a waiter in my local Indian! The nightmare of the Hibbert and Osman 'Reign of Terror' will never ever leave me. You are right, Warnock can and will turn things around, I'm sure.
    During the war..zzzz[/QUOTE]

What war are you on about? If you are on about World War II it was Cyril Spiers!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve the Tea View Post
    So, I'm guilty of making a generalisation and you are not?
    We both are, but mine’s a lot more accurate than yours, especially where this message board is concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    League position wise we are 4 places above where we were when Warnock took over.

Yes, he took us up and did a great job doing so but we also came straight back down and at times during the relegation was found wanting. Fulham away being the glaring example.

Announcing he will retire at the end of this season has harmed our recruiting drive I feel. Why would a player sign for a club and manager where they might be surplus to requirements in 9 months time? I also think it has had a negative effect on the mental side of the players at the club also. The announcement and the timing of it has created uncertainty and a negative air when it wasn't needed.

The reasons I think he should have walked at the end of last season were -
    1) I think that his brand of football has been (or is well on the way to being) found out and nullified with ease.
    2) He does not seem to have a plan B when we are nullified and seemingly get beaten when teams work us out.
    3) The time he is here now is time that could be used by another manager to assess what is here and work out what he needs to bring in. Let's be honest when Warnock goes there will be a manager who wants to play a different way and it will be a case of rip it up and start again. Warnock's swan song season was ideally seen as one where he would challenge for yet another promotion.

Put bluntly if we do not look like getting a promotion then leaving Warnock at the helm is wasting time that could be used a lot better by the next man in. People say be careful what you wish for but he is going in May regardless so surely the decision on a new man will be made at some point in the near future anyway. Whether I have faith in those in power positions at the club to pick a competent successor is another thing entirely though. I think Warnock's appointment and subsequent success was a stroke of luck and an exception to the rule given what they picked prior to him.
    Well said. The only thing I disagree about is having no plan B, when he clearly hasn't got a plan A at the moment.

As for the transfer dealings? Bamba and Holiett were excellent signings, and Etheridge on a free was a superb bit of business, but I think credit to Andy Dibble on that one making him the 'keeper he is today. Top quality. NML normally is considered to be a good recruit for nothing, but he has missed half of his two seasons with us and is inconsistent. The difference between the player we saw at Man U and the one last Sunday were chalk and cheese.

The money we spent on loan signings last year on Arter, Camarasa and Niasse was not particularly well spent I don't think. Whilst Arter and Camarasa were fan favourites an d obviously very good players they only seemed to play when they wanted to and both missed about a third of the season. Niasse?

The signings we spent money on in the last 3 windows Madine, Murphy, Reid, Ward, Bacuna, Tomlin, Bogle? Not fully impressive and hardly regulars. Smithies is OK, and Cunningham at £4m has been discarded now too.

Thee jury is out on Whyte at £2m and Vassell at £2m and Flint at £6m too early to tell, same for Nelson.

That;s over £50m in transfer fees on players who struggle to be regular starters.

So overall I think it is fair to pose questions about how we have performed under Warnock. He is held up as some sort of Messiah figure, Mackay did the same but was sacked before we got relagted. Other managers have got us out of this division before.

We get hugely criticised by all other clubs for the style of football and probably rightly so, and the lack of younsters coming through. people like Coxe, Waite, Spence must be thinking they'll never get the a chance, which they won't under Warnock. A;lthough he did give Coxe one game two years ago, and a few opportunities to Mark Harris but little else.

So I think criticism is justified, if he turns it around all will be well in the world again, but I fear the critics feel that he won't.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    After 3 matches, as far as the league table goes. Off the pitch I'd say we were better off.
    You mean financially?

I have said what i wanted to say and stick by it.
    Beware what you wish for.
    To listen to some fans you would swear the season was already over
    I paid a fair chunk of my hard earned on Sunday to drive to Reading for the game. What I witnessed was absolute horse shit. Ok. Nobody forced me to go, but after the effort myself and all the other City fans who went put in, I think we are entitled to let off some steam when the team, tactics and effort stinks!

I have said what i wanted to say and stick by it.
    Beware what you wish for.
    To listen to some fans you would swear the season was already over
    How well do you think we'll do this season?

I support Cardiff City football club. Not Warwick. Don’t like him as a manager. Don’t like his personality (The way he stood up on that stage after promotion, “where the club was when i took over” me, me me..) His connections with agents. Dubious deals. His historic idea of football. He can leave, and he can take Dalman and that little fella with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfmother View Post
    I support Cardiff City football club. Not Warwick. Don’t like him as a manager. Don’t like his personality (The way he stood up on that stage after promotion, “where the club was when i took over” me, me me..) His connections with agents. Dubious deals. His historic idea of football. He can leave, and he can take Dalman and that little fella with him.
    Unfashionable opinion but I agree.

He has done well in general but despite what some would have you think he didn't turn a club or team in complete meltdown into world beaters. The shirt debacle aside, he came into a blue Cardiff, with a modern set up and stadium, inherited a team (Bennett, Manga, Morrison, Gunnar, Ralls, Zohore) that was decent but underperforming, and was given a decent amount of money to spend on players (20 odd million if memory serves). His signings have been hit and miss and despite putting up a good fight in the PL he is out of his depth at that level.

On top of this, his football is shit and he doesn't have a longterm plan. Apart from that, I don't swallow the whole down to earth , don't suffer fools gladly, best of British act. I think he has a nasty, xenophobic, conservative side to him. I'll admit that's just a personal gripe of mine though.

We've had some good times under Warnock but he has also done well from this club as well. The "we are lucky to have him" line is getting annoying and tiresome.

Analyse his tactics and recruitment and treat his legacy with a bit of perspective.

99% of folk on this board support Cardiff City and only want the best for the club.
    The fans spend good money following the club and are entitled to their opinions.

I have been very critical of Warnock recently but I still care for this club.

Deserves a lot of credit for what he did but that credit cannot last forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    How well do you think we'll do this season?
    Imagine if valleyboy turned out to be Warnock, that would be amazing

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Imagine if valleyboy turned out to be Warnock, that would be amazing
    If any of his posts contain the comment "We've got a great bunch of lads" or he starts building up the opposition while making out we're a plucky little outfit then I will start to smell a rat.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    If any of his posts contain the comment "We've got a great bunch of lads" or he starts building up the opposition while making out we're a plucky little outfit then I will start to smell a rat.
    Or starts ranting over the officials

Quote Originally Posted by Seabird View Post
    Deserves a lot of credit for what he did but that credit cannot last forever.
    Who?, Valleyboy?

We're (mostly) all on here because we support the club through the highs and lows and not because we support the manager.
    Didn't really want Warnock here this season for his swansong, as I couldnt really see how the club could move forward with him still here. Couldnt see us bouncing straight back as we had to rebuild with a new midfield, and with Warnock saying hes going at the end of this season we'll probably have to rebuild again.
    We could have started rebuilding for the longer term this summer, but this season just seems like a stop gap, until a different manager takes over.
    Dont think I'm being disloyal, just cant see what this season's targets are.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Or starts ranting over the officials
    "I'm a licensed referee!"

I’d suggest that throughout his career that despite his successes he has generally got the boot once disillusionment sets in. He won’t last until Christmas. The knives are well and truly out