+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ian Holloway

Ian Holloway

There are plenty of Brexit voters who, although I disagree with them, have personal and reasoned arguments why they want to leave the EU. Then there's f**king idiots like Ian Holloway just spouting ignorant shit based on nothing.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...e-ian-holloway

Re: Ian Holloway

“Get out of Brexit”
    So stay in the EU then, Ollie?

Pity VAR wasn’t used in the referendum. Would definitely have been over turned in that case.

“I don’t think that’s our boys making up that new change of law,” he told The Debate on Sky Sports. “I think that’s people telling us what we should do with our game. Now, they should stop doing that. I hope we get out of Brexit, because that’s what we all voted for, and sort that out, because you cannot have someone telling us how to do our own game.”

If you wrote a sketch about the worst kind of Brexiteer, this is the stuff you'd have him say

He’s a Bristolian, they’re all a bit thick.

“FreE TomMY rOBinSOn...e’s Not RasiSt jSt telLin da TruF”

Jesus how thick can you get?

It's amazing how many he still catches.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Ah yes, the "it's a windup" defence. Nice try

He was straight faced without any sense of humour on his voice. That was no wind up 😂

He's going to be pissed off when he finds out Theresa May put the hand ball rule in the Back Stop policy !

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Love that, sure god us by making himself look brain dead on national tv

He's known as a wum and a bit of an eccentric. What's more likely, someone involved in football for decades believing the EU are forcing rule changes on fifa and thus the UK or that he's on a wind up in his own special way?

He's known as a wum and a bit of an eccentric. What's more likely, someone involved in football for decades believing the EU are forcing rule changes on fifa and thus the UK or that he's on a wind up in his own special way?
    Some advice, just because you are pro Brexit doesn't mean you have to back up every lunatic who's on the same side as you.

I formed my opinion on Ian Holloway some decades ago and this hasn’t changed to this day.

Before 2016 I would have said the second part. The shite people have been spouting under some flag of "our identity is under attack" since then makes me 100% believe it's the first one. Don't forget that Neil Warnock, himself a man who's been involved in football for decades and who signs many players from the EU and further afield said:

“I can’t wait to get out of it, if I’m honest. I think we’ll be far better out of the bloody thing. In every aspect. Football-wise as well, absolutely. To hell with the rest of the world.”

I'd love to know how he thinks it'll be better football wise to be out of the EU

You only have to hear him speak as with our Neil they are very basic chaps ,who struggle to articulate .

I now of some very intelligent Brexiteers who present a very well positioned case on the benefits of leaving as there are with remainers.

Our biggest hurdle is the case of democracy and politicians playing games with power and appeal to the electorate for personal gain

I think I remember a time when Holloway was an effective manager. He's always been a "look at me" type of wanker but by God, what a moron he is. How was he ever any good at anything? The act of breathing must take up most of his mental capacity

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Some advice, just because you are pro Brexit doesn't mean you have to back up every lunatic who's on the same side as you.
    I hardly think I've done that or would have any inclination to do so. Far too many on either side. Holloway has always struck as being a joker on everything, he's now regularly on Talksport also, the perfect place for those who wind up listeners and get people calling in.

I hardly think I've done that or would have any inclination to do so. Far too many on either side. Holloway has always struck as being a joker on everything, he's now regularly on Talksport also, the perfect place for those who wind up listeners and get people calling in.
    Certainly get everyone chatting ,job done I suppose ,rating up wages up

BREAKING

He didn't "mean that" and it's everybody else's fault for not understanding what he meant when he said that exact thing.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...dball-18976856

BREAKING

He didn't "mean that" and it's everybody else's fault for not understanding what he meant when he said that exact thing.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...dball-18976856
    “Something we all voted for”

I have heard quite a few accounts from varying people who have interacted with Holloway in numerous areas of life to know the bloke is a big headed, arrogant wanker.

There are many people I’d listen to about Brexit for both sides.
    Ian ****ing Holloway is not one.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    “Something we all voted for”
    That shocked me, ‘Something we all voted for’. He was ‘sick & tired & fed up’ a few times as well 🤪