+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Josh Murphy ...

Josh Murphy ...

...has flattered to deceive it seems to me. There's no doubt he's quick and talented but it's not been often he shown it.

The only time I've seen him in the flesh was the pre-season friendly v Real Betis when he scored this goal in the first few minutes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJMVXnEqFWY

I thought at the time we had a real player on our hands but I don't think he's done anything close to that since. Seems to get bogged down with the defending he's required to do and is much too easily put off his game if his marker adopts a physical approach. I still believe he can be huge asset if he can just play a little more freely and do what comes naturally. Lifting his head to see what's around him when in full flight wouldn't go amiss, either.

Re: Josh Murphy ...

Can’t cross. I’m a broken record on this... I think he attempted maybe 1 cross and that was more a digital through ball last night.

He gets to the position but knows he has no end product and that’s it. Cuts back inside and a fast attack becomes slow. He is main reason our quick breaks on the left come to nothing. Shocked some people thought he was a 7 last night. 5 at best for me as a winger has to be able to cross.

Needs a bloody good kick up the arse.

Often seen jogging back while Bennett was trying to defend against two.

Looking at the statistics (Who Scored?.com), Josh Murphy has been our best performer this season (just edging out Joe Ralls) despite being hauled off against Luton and not playing against Reading.

I don't know how they score every player but he's got 2 assists from the two home games he's played and has had 10 shots on goal. So from an attacking point of view he's possibly our most dangerous player, so continues to baffle me why Warnock keeps dropping him. With a run of games behind him, looking at the stats, he's bound to hit a purple patch and some of these shots are going to turn into goals.

I think he's one of our better players. One of the players with genuine quality and who can make something happen.

A young winger, especially at this level, is not going to have the greatest end product. But he creates a lot more than anyone else in our team even when taking that into account.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I think he's one of our better players. One of the players with genuine quality and who can make something happen.

A young winger, especially at this level, is not going to have the greatest end product. But he creates a lot more than anyone else in our team even when taking that into account.
    He’s our best player by a mile and needs to play every week to build up his confidence, how people on here don’t rate him is beyond me! Ralls is another who gets a hammering on here but is probably our most consistent player. Young players are our future not the Tomlin’s of this world who plays and trains when he feels like and his contact is ending!

Terrible end product 90% of the time but he should start every game because he's about the only one on our team that looks like they'll make something happen