Thread: Tubby Tomlin Starts !

Tubby Tomlin Starts !

Desperation measures !

Re: Tubby Tomlin Starts !

He looks in good shape to be fair?

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Desperation measures !
    Sure this is a fishing excercise but Tomlin wasn't fat last time I saw him. Fingers crossed that he'll show the creativity to feed the ball forward.

The new lean, mean, goal machine Lee Tomlin?

He's no Ronnie Bird, but let's hope he does the business tonight.

Warnock is panicking. Good.

The guy who doesn’t like people trolling him is doing the trolling. How ironic.

Tomlin is playing well so far.

Much better tonight. Hope we can continue to try to play a bit and get a result.

Quote Originally Posted by ksbenchpwllheli View Post
    He's no Ronnie Bird, but let's hope he does the business tonight.
    I'm no Ronnie Bird either!

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I'm no Ronnie Bird either!
    Controversial.

Actually he's very like Ronnie Bird inasmuch as he can have flashes of brilliance but in between its not good.

Tonight he's surprised me - well done !

Thought he played well. Get him match fit and watch him go

Some moments of absolute quality, some of his interplay with Murphy, Ralls and Glatzl was excellent. Faded 2nd half, but he’s a player you will pay to see. The no-look passes and the flicks.

If he’s given a chance and can keep his head on it then he will be a danger when he’s match fit.

Natural ability and vision that no one else in the club and not many at this level has got.

With Ralls and Pack we’d have a midfield with real balance as Tomlin plays advance, makes things happen, Pack is solid and plays great simple passes and Ralls is everywhere , doing the basics well. He was excellent again tonight and unsurprisingly our best player so far this season

It was great to see him in the team. He offers something totally different. Some of his no-look passes were great to see (also to see him laughing with Josh at the end of the first half). Okay, not everything he does comes off and he has got that bit of devil in him that saw the ref lecture him just before he went off, but the creativity he brings is desperately needed. I thought he and Chalobah were the two most dynamic players on the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    It was great to see him in the team. He offers something totally different. Some of his no-look passes were great to see (also to see him laughing with Josh at the end of the first half). Okay, not everything he does comes off and he has got that bit of devil in him that saw the ref lecture him just before he went off, but the creativity he brings is desperately needed. I thought he and Chalobah were the two most dynamic players on the pitch.
    And Ralls was the best.

Don't get me wrong, I reckon the squad we went into our first three game desperately needed a Tomlin type player and, although I've been a critic of his in the past, I think he does look fitter than at any time during his two years with us - still not sure Warnock will pick him and the compulsory it seems two wingers in an away game though.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...rdict-16795298

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    And Ralls was the best.

Don't get me wrong, I reckon the squad we went into our first three game desperately needed a Tomlin type player and, although I've been a critic of his in the past, I think he does look fitter than at any time during his two years with us - still not sure Warnock will pick him and the compulsory it seems two wingers in an away game though.

I hope it's just Warnock downplaying things, otherwise that's a deflating aftermath to Tomlin's performance last night.

Treat to see something different, needs a good run of games to develop a better understanding with the rest of the side.

We actually tried to play some football with Tomlin in the side last night.
    Warnock must have inwardly been having kittens.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    And Ralls was the best.

He’d did great

...but we had no choice..

...cos about 56 others were injured and we had to play him.

**** off Warnock. The lad clearly needs confidence and saying he was only there because he was forced is a bit ****ing shit tbh.

Warnocks just gotten under my skin this last few months.

He needs to start again against Blackburn. Warnock need to change or leave. Simples...

Quote Originally Posted by shimmy View Post
    well done for showing you he can be not good?

youre a ****ing idiot mate

You do know I'm not actually Ronnie Bird, don't you ?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Warnock is panicking. Good.
    Oh dear. Oh dear.

There are some very negative elements here - it's as if they'd rather see us losing if that exposed Sir Neil to blame. It's all Coming from people who obviously don't understand the game and think it's as simple as putting skill full players in and hoping for the best.

In fact, a team must play to its strengths and cannot afford to try and mimic other teams who have different strengths and resources. What the manager is doing is to play a style of football which doesn't require £40m transfers , huge salaries and 50,000 + Attendences every week. He's been very successful in that on the whole, and he must pick players who can be relied upon to play the required system over players who can entertain but might not contribute to the thing we're trying to do.

Having said this , I'm delighted to say that Tomlin did very well in the game ,and if he can keep it up he might earn a regular place.
    We all like to watch exciting players, but the basics are more important.