+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Robert Glatzel - How soon can we get rid of him?

Re: Robert Glatzel - How soon can we get rid of him?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    I'm not a Madine fan by any means but he was never afforded the game time RG has been allowed
    In the time with us Madine has played the equivalent of 10 games 3 mins [Transfermarkt]. So far I dont think he's had an effort on target from open play.

StT.
    <><

Quote Originally Posted by Steve the Tea View Post
    In the time with us Madine has played the equivalent of 10 games 3 mins [Transfermarkt]. So far I dont think he's had an effort on target from open play.

StT.
    <><
    Sorry. He's played 603 mins which is the equivalent of 6 full games and 63 mins.

StT.
    <><

Quote Originally Posted by Steve the Tea View Post
    Sorry. He's played 603 mins which is the equivalent of 6 full games and 63 mins.

StT.
    <><
    That stat means nothing with us.
    We could have Earnie back and he wouldn’t get a sniff with service getting supplied now.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    That stat means nothing with us.
    We could have Earnie back and he wouldn’t get a sniff with service getting supplied now.
    Sadly he would be rendered useless in our system.

So we need a new system... Now there’s a thought...

Our strikers are on a hiding to nothing no matter who they are.

Even the best Premier League strikers score at a rate of about one in four shots. For a striker playing for us that's about two games worth of shots and they're obviously not the Premier League elite either.

The jury is still out for me but one thing that makes me laugh is the people who seem to build Zohore up as some great player. He has currently scored the same as Glatzel. Both from the spot.

Zohore spent many a season here walking around looking disinterested and chasing defenders who passed it about at ease (as all out strikers do up top alone, including Glatzel) and had one purple patch but people seem to regard him as some great striker. He is not even making the bench for WBA, he is s***.

I had to laugh at the suggestion of signing Kiefer Moore instead. He currently has two less goals than Glatzel with roughly the same amount of appearances.

Four shots? And therein lies the problem - our strikers can’t get that many shots because they’re too busy trying to hold the ball up, waiting for support.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    Four shots? And therein lies the problem - our strikers can’t get that many shots because they’re too busy trying to hold the ball up, waiting for support.
    That's my point. Up top on his own he would need to go on a mazey run of Messi proportions just to get a shot off.

How many chances, ball in front of him to hit has he actually had? Not many to my mind.

As for the all conquering Zohore that we should have kept. He scored one goal for us last season in 19 league and 1 cup game. It was the scuffed daisy cutter at Southampton where he proclaimed "I'm back". He wasn't back but let's not let that cloud anybody's judgement.

In season 17/18 he scored 9 goals in 36 league and 3 cup games.

Glatzel currently has 2 in 10 and is still adjusting to this league. Even at the same level of performance and slowly getting more used to the league I think he would hit the heady benchmark that Zohore had set last time in this league.

Neil and the Brains Trust who act as our recruitment team signed a striker who scores at a rate of just shy of 1 in 3 for his former club.

If his goal against West Brom had rightly been given as he was not offside then he would be bagging at the same rate as he did for Heidenheim.

I fully expect Warnock to start getting stuck into him though, in fact he already has, like he did with Murphy as if all of the players faults started happening after they came here and we had paid a fair wedge for their services.

Put bluntly with Warnock's compact anti football that focuses on stifling the opposition rather than setting out with a positive mindset ourselves we can't reasonably expect a striker to score anything too much above 1 in 4 (Where Glatzel is almost at).

Since Warnock took over here in his full seasons the top scorers have been -

2016/17 - Zohore 12
    2017/18 - Paterson 10 League, Hoilett 11 All Competitions
    2018/19 - Paterson, Camarrasa and Reid - All 5

I'm not sure what the scoring pattern is of previous Warnock teams but certainly here whoever the man up top is struggles to score at a rate of 1 in 4 and we're reliant on everybody chipping in especially from set pieces.
    Strikers under the Warnock system, love it or hate it are seen as an outlet to bring most others into the game.
    Our strikers, given our style are as likely to score as a centre half from a set piece or a winger, midfielder with an eye for goal.

I'm in no doubt that our striking options will not change until our footballing philosophy and how we set up changes.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Zohore not in the squad. Didn’t notice him in the “missing players” on FlashScores either so doesn’t look like he’s injured.
    https://www.expressandstar.com/sport...nd-zohore-out/

Calf injury, missed West Brom's game on Saturday and will miss Tuesday too.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    https://www.expressandstar.com/sport...nd-zohore-out/

Calf injury, missed West Brom's game on Saturday and will miss Tuesday too.
    Any news on Camarasa? I think he's been kidnapped.

If we're looking like promotion material by the window ,( which seems less likely than it did in fairness), I could see Camarrassa coming back. It'd be great too if Harry Arter joined him.
    Personally I'd recall Reid and put him in the development team too.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    If we're looking like promotion material by the window ,( which seems less likely than it did in fairness), I could see Camarrassa coming back. It'd be great too if Harry Arter joined him.
    Personally I'd recall Reid and put him in the development team too.
    A Camarasa loan would be great. It could be the making of Glatzel.

I don't think Arter is what we need.

Why do you think there is a recall clause in the Decordova-Reid loan deal? The only things I have seen have been claims that it is season-long, due to be turned into a permanent move at the end of the season, and that there is an agreed price with Fulham that is more than we paid to Bristol City. Nothing about a recall (unlike for Cunningham).

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

Why do you think there is a recall clause in the Decordova-Reid loan deal? The only things I have seen have been claims that it is season-long, due to be turned into a permanent move at the end of the season, and that there is an agreed price with Fulham that is more than we paid to Bristol City. Nothing about a recall (unlike for Cunningham).
    Sadly Camrasa is on loan at Palace and they have an agreement to sign him at the end of the season, so he almost certainly won't be going anywhere this year.

Quote Originally Posted by PhyllisStant View Post
    Sadly Camrasa is on loan at Palace and they have an agreement to sign him at the end of the season, so he almost certainly won't be going anywhere this year.
    Ah, right - thanks. I had it in my head that it was a permanent move to Palace from Betis.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

Why we ever loaned him out in the first place is beyond me

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Why we ever loaned him out in the first place is beyond me
    I didn't think he was that bad, got done against Brighton, after that he was finished with us. Bennett is a liability.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I didn't think he was that bad, got done against Brighton, after that he was finished with us. Bennett is a liability.
    Bennett is the best left back we have had in years. And capable of offering something going forward as well under a different system.
    He is in a bad run of form though

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Bennett is the best left back we have had in years. And capable of offering something going forward as well under a different system.
    He is in a bad run of form though
    I can't even remember who we've had at left back over the last ten years or so, he may well be the best we've had. I don't rate him, he ball watches and struggles to pick up late runners into the box when teams are attacking us. He does have some qualities, but in my opinion he's poor when he's facing his own goal, zero awareness.

I can't even remember who we've had at left back over the last ten years or so, he may well be the best we've had. I don't rate him, he ball watches and struggles to pick up late runners into the box when teams are attacking us. He does have some qualities, but in my opinion he's poor when he's facing his own goal, zero awareness.
    Probably the most accurate assessment I’ve read.

Agree with Rjk he offers something going forward, but your post is spot on.

Probably the most accurate assessment I’ve read.

Agree with Rjk he offers something going forward, but your post is spot on.
    I think that alot of fullbacks are converted wingers in todays game. Years back when 442 was the staple fullbacks just defended, that was it, they didn't really get forward unless a wide midfielder dropped in, they just defended, bit like Peltier does. Would you say that modern fullbacks are better at attacking than defending in the modern game? you probably watch more football than me.

I think that alot of fullbacks are converted wingers in todays game. Years back when 442 was the staple fullbacks just defended, that was it, they didn't really get forward unless a wide midfielder dropped in, they just defended, bit like Peltier does. Would you say that modern fullbacks are better at attacking than defending in the modern game? you probably watch more football than me.
    If you look at full backs these days I think it’s safe to say they attack better than they defend.

As it goes I don’t mind peltier!

If you look at full backs these days I think it’s safe to say they attack better than they defend.

As it goes I don’t mind peltier!
    I'm a fan of Peltier, i said last season that he's our only defender who understands his limitations and doesn't go beyond them He's been solid for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird909 View Post
    • Can't control the ball
    • Doesn't win headers
    • Slow
    • Finishes as well as Cornelius.

If he scores 10 goals this season, I'll buy everyone who replies to this thread a pint.

Bogle did more in 20 minutes.
    3 to go!