+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Robert Glatzel - How soon can we get rid of him?

Re: Robert Glatzel - How soon can we get rid of him?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird909 View Post
    • Can't control the ball
    • Doesn't win headers
    • Slow
    • Finishes as well as Cornelius.

If he scores 10 goals this season, I'll buy everyone who replies to this thread a pint.

Bogle did more in 20 minutes.
    I think I am the only one on here who agrees with you? He looks lost. For the people who do think he'll score 10 goals I would point out that he has to be in the team first, he'll probably be left out on Saturday if common sense prevails. But I expect Warnock will still with him. Bogle did actually do much more when he was on. i forgot how big Bogle is too.

No, he just needs to speed up a bit, which he probably can. He's been playing in what they tell me is a slower league.

Bookmarked

Unsubscribe

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I would say that Bogle will defifinitely start after tonight.
    It's a lot easier coming off the bench to play against a tired defence.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Would not be surprised to see Bogle start. Glatzo probably needs resting as does Whyte and bloody Bacuna.
    WTF, needs resting? We're only four games in to the season, they can't be knackered yet. By all means drop them from the starting 11 if they aren't good enough but don't pretend they need a rest.

Anyway, I thought Whyte was OK tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    WTF, needs resting? We're only four games in to the season, they can't be knackered yet. By all means drop them from the starting 11 if they aren't good enough but don't pretend they need a rest.

Anyway, I thought Whyte was OK tonight.
    Whyte was at fault for their goal and gave the ball away even more than Murphy. However, he did win it back a lot as well.

Mine's a Heineken

I think Bogle is our best option up front at this moment in time. Glatzel is still adjusting to the championship in my opinion, but I think he has the attributes to come good. Whyte was poor again other than a couple of occasions where he won back the ball well. Hoillet should be used as an impact sub as he he's been great coming on but not so when starting. Tomlin did well, but not amazing as some would have us believe, but he justified keeping his place in the team certainly. Murphy was yet again frustrating, but he seems the only winger with pace willing to take his man on albeit with little end product. Two men on him for most of the match though.
    All in all throughly better than Sunday.
    Hope yet! 🙄

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Would not be surprised to see Bogle start. Glatzo probably needs resting as does Whyte and bloody Bacuna.
    Resting? You need to do something before you rest. In the old days they called it being dropped.

Strange OP , I think the lad is not helped by poor service, a side still coming to grips with life back in the Championship, he's new to this league and country , and style of play .

I suggest a bit it patience is called for .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Strange OP , I think the lad is not helped by poor service, a side still coming to grips with life back in the Championship, he's new to this league and country , and style of play .

I suggest a bit it patience is called for .
    He's looking like a league 2 player. As the OP said: He can't control the ball, he doesn't win headers and he's got no pace. I'm not sure what being patient is going to do about that.

He won a lot of headers, feeds of scraps and makes chances for himself. He should’ve scored 2 but it’ll come

Some of our lot are ****ing hilarious.

only replying for the free pint

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Whyte was at fault for their goal and gave the ball away even more than Murphy. However, he did win it back a lot as well.
    For their goal, I thought it was Bennett that gave the ball away trying to play on the edge of our box? Still had plenty of time to close him down on the edge of the box mind!

I thought he did OK. Often he is upfront on his own and I thought he won many headers and the ball when up to e defenders were on him.

I've never understood why Bogle was shunted aside so easily when he first came here and we instead pursued the likes of Madine and Ward. He's a little untidy at times but he's scored plenty of goals in his career and he's a handful in the Championship.

Glatzel has potential but he's new to this league.Too early to be writing him off.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC99 View Post
    I've never understood why Bogle was shunted aside so easily when he first came here and we instead pursued the likes of Madine and Ward. He's a little untidy at times but he's scored plenty of goals in his career and he's a handful in the Championship.

Glatzel has potential but he's new to this league.Too early to be writing him off.
    Agreed based on his performances on the pitch the 1st time round. But on top of the absolutely stupid red card at Wurzels, he supposedly had a poor attitude in training and turned up late on a number of occasions.

Hopefully he’s got his head straight this time around, as although sometimes I don’t think he knows what he’s doing, he does make things happen. He’s got a decent left foot, along with pace and strength.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    It's a lot easier coming off the bench to play against a tired defence.
    Not really true. Sometimes it's much harder to find your way into a game coming on as a sub.

in for the pint, though you can chuck the money for mine in a charity tin

He is working hard but things not going right for him in front of goal. Should we be more patient? How has Bogle done when he's started?

Quote Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
    Not really true. Sometimes it's much harder to find your way into a game coming on as a sub.
    So it is true just not all the time...

Quote Originally Posted by Stavross1927 View Post
    Agreed based on his performances on the pitch the 1st time round. But on top of the absolutely stupid red card at Wurzels, he supposedly had a poor attitude in training and turned up late on a number of occasions.

Hopefully he’s got his head straight this time around, as although sometimes I don’t think he knows what he’s doing, he does make things happen. He’s got a decent left foot, along with pace and strength.
    That explains a lot then.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Put me down for a pint. He'll get his 10+
    You've got as much chance of collecting your pint as the OP has of getting to 25 posts.