+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Robert Glatzel - How soon can we get rid of him?

Re: Robert Glatzel - How soon can we get rid of him?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird909 View Post
    Bumping for relevancy.

Players I'd start ahead of him:

-Paterson
    -Bogle
    -Ward

This list will grow.
    So you’re saying it’s the player and not the system we play?

Ok.

We could’ve bought Lewandowski from the German league and he’d struggle in this team.

I like him and I still think he'll bang a few in for us

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    and not the system we play?
    What, direct football?

We signed a striker who's 6ft3 and not only does he not win headers, but he barely challenges for them (he didn't attempt to flick any of our long throws tonight, and every time we went long in the second half, we deliberately aimed for Paterson).

What service did Mitrovic get for them? I'd argue even less than Glatzel got but he still made himself a handful, protected the ball, played in others and bagged himself a goal.

What, direct football?

We signed a striker who's 6ft3 and not only does he not win headers, but he barely challenges for them (he didn't attempt to flick any of our long throws tonight, and every time we went long in the second half, we deliberately aimed for Paterson).

What service did Mitrovic get for them? I'd argue even less than Glatzel got but he still made himself a handful, protected the ball, played in others and bagged himself a goal.
    Be honest, the service Glatzel was atrocious tonight!

Harry Kane upfront for us would struggle.
    I think there is a possibility that Tomlinson and Glatzel will come good - if there given time.

He isn't getting much service, or more to the point players around him. He can't just have that though. You can't even say that it's not coming off for him because he hasn't shown anything. I kept an eye on him and his reactions and snail like and he doesn't take up good positions or step off his man like Mitrovic did to Morrison this evening. I do have my concerns over his footballing ability. Madine wouldn't have done any worse than Glatzel over the last five games or whatever it is and he'd be getting slaughtered (although rightly so as he's shit)

What, direct football?

He was getting the ball to protect it

I must admit that he looked a bit slow tonight to be frank and despite his obvious talent, I wonder whether he can speed up enough for this level. He's got to do exactly what he's doing, but a lot faster .

What did it for me was that "header" from a cross towards the end of the game that bounced tamely three feet wide.
    We were right behind it. It was his chance to win the match. He barely touched it. It glnaced his head rather than him heading it.
    He's not up to it.

I commented to friends of mine around me that we should get t-shirts made with "I saw Robert Glatzel score" on them.

Glatzel has shown some nice touches on the rare occasions that the ball is played to his feet, but we haven't been able to take advantage of them.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Glatzel has shown some nice touches on the rare occasions that the ball is played to his feet, but we haven't been able to take advantage of them.
    He needs to get on the end of something, he can look good with his back to goal (He doesn't) until the cows come home, it's not going to make a blind bit of difference as he isn't going to get any support. His only hope is getting his big toe onto the ball in the six yard box, that's the only sniff he's going to get. I think Warnock thought that he'd bought a 'Big lad' who was aggressive and powerful in the air and strong-He doesn't seem to any of those things-Oh dear.

Quote Originally Posted by shimmy View Post
    nice ****ing support dickhead
    ?

He should have scored with his header chance last night. It'll come. Hopefully.

Pint of Peroni please.

Only time I saw him get on near the ball is when he had to run 60 yards back into our half.

The service we are giving him is shocking

He’s not up to it.

Simple as.

I can't see what Glatzel offers over Big Ken. In fact, I'd go as far as saying Big Ken had that little bit more about him.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    If anyone bites to this obvious troll bait you’re ****ing thick as shit.

Just don’t.
    I certainly won't be biting as I want to be clever like you

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Give him time to settle in FFS.

Pint of Peroni please!
    IPA for me

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Feck off cock chops
    Why do you always sit on the fence?

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    I can't see what Glatzel offers over Big Ken. In fact, I'd go as far as saying Big Ken had that little bit more about him.
    He cant be compared to Ken. On current evidence hes nowhere near that standard.

The worrying thing is I dont see what he offers over bogle and madine.

Same horse,different jockey.To be fair to Glatzel he's not the first striker to struggle in our system.For me this thread is asking the wrong question.

We aren't playing well and not supporting him up top.
    Shown glimpses of what he's about.
    He will come food IMO.

The only positive for the OP in this thread if Glatzel does score 10 is, he’ll only have to get 1 pint for Wales Bales and Ronnie Bird

Maybe it's the players who are not up to him. If Messi was up front for us he'd end up like Glatzel.
    Hes used to teams passing and quality balls, not hit and hope.