+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Robert Glatzel - How soon can we get rid of him?

Re: Robert Glatzel - How soon can we get rid of him?

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    Maybe it's the players who are not up to him. If Messi was up front for us he'd end up like Glatzel.
    Hes used to teams passing and quality balls, not hit and hope.
    Nonsense. If Messi played upfront for us he wouldnt take 3 or 4 touches to get the ball under control.

RG is hopeless. He’s worse than Rudy Gestede was. At least Gestede could win headers even if his control was shit.

Earlier in the season I thought Glatzel had a bit about him and he'd do alright if his luck turned a little.

Now I think he's another of Warnock's poor signings. He looked genuinely awful last night.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    The only positive for the OP in this thread if Glatzel does score 10 is, he’ll only have to get 1 pint for Wales Bales and Ronnie Bird

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Earlier in the season I thought Glatzel had a bit about him and he'd do alright if his luck turned a little.

Now I think he's another of Warnock's poor signings. He looked genuinely awful last night.
    He probably is very poor but I can't help feeling sorry for him in that Cardiff does seem to be the graveyard for forwards, partly due to the dire supply they get.

I think it’s the way we play, and lack of involvement. By the time he gets a touch its the first one in ages. Everyone sings Danny danny ward but what did offer more than Glatzel? Always done my head in how much Danny wards name got sung. No one would sing for Zohore and hes twice the player.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    I think it’s the way we play, and lack of involvement. By the time he gets a touch its the first one in ages. Everyone sings Danny danny ward but what did offer more than Glatzel? Always done my head in how much Danny wards name got sung. No one would sing for Zohore and hes twice the player.
    Fans did sing for Zohore, Ward is popular because he makes a nuisance of himself and shows a determination that doesn't seem prevelant from our other strikers. As for Zohore, he's better than Glatzel, that's not difficult because he looks to me like he can't play, but i don't think Zohore is up to much if i'm being honest.

If you can't see what Danny Ward brings compared to Glatzel then football isn't for you son.

It doesn't matter what system you play Glatzel just cannot do the basics. Takes several touches to get the ball under control, by which point a defender has stolen it off him.

He's shocking.

It's time Warnock took him out of the firing line and gave Ward the sort of run in the team he's given Glatzel.

Do you think ward could score a hat trick against Bayern? 😜😂

It’s the style of football. He’s said in an interview the difference is stark. Germany is much more technical, over here it’s faster and physical. I think he needs to adapt, but I don’t think he gets much help.

Football isn’t for me? ****ing hell alright mate

Oh so he got a hat trick against Bayern in a one off game, where Bayern went through the motions and still won. Means **** all now to Cardiff City. I remember Darcy Blake marking Wayne Rooney out of a game once too. Where's he these days?

Glatzels control is shit so your "Germany is more technical point" is redundant.

Do you think ward could score a hat trick against Bayern? ����

It’s the style of football. He’s said in an interview the difference is stark. Germany is much more technical, over here it’s faster and physical. I think he needs to adapt, but I don’t think he gets much help.

Football isn’t for me? ****ing hell alright mate
    Let's be honest. City ten to just hoof it up front rather than pass it through midfield. It's very Cro-Magnon.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    If you can't see what Danny Ward brings compared to Glatzel then football isn't for you son.

It doesn't matter what system you play Glatzel just cannot do the basics. Takes several touches to get the ball under control, by which point a defender has stolen it off him.

He's shocking.

It's time Warnock took him out of the firing line and gave Ward the sort of run in the team he's given Glatzel.
    I'd rather Flint up top than Glatzel, especially the way we play, and i am being serious. Ward may get his chance now, but he isn't the answer, is he? I've never known anything quite like it. Zohore went from serious prospect to looking dis-interested and lacking urgency, Madine must have had some qualities-Surely? Glatzel looks terrible, he doesn't look like he can play. Vassell is ****ed, Bogle seems to be used in the same way Tomlin is, another player brought in by Warnock who he doesn't trust. It's an absolute joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I'd rather Flint up top than Glatzel, especially the way we play, and i am being serious. Ward may get his chance now, but he isn't the answer, is he? I've never known anything quite like it. Zohore went from serious prospect to looking dis-interested and lacking urgency, Madine must have had some qualities-Surely? Glatzel looks terrible, he doesn't look like he can play. Vassell is ****ed, Bogle seems to be used in the same way Tomlin is, another player brought in by Warnock who he doesn't trust. It's an absolute joke.
    I think Ward is alright tbh. He can finish and certainly links play better than Glatzel.

I used to hate Rudy Gestede but compared to Glatzel he's like Teddy Sheringham ffs.

I'd go with Ward. Thing is with Glatzel, he's not showing a thing, he really is poor.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird909 View Post
    • Can't control the ball
    • Doesn't win headers
    • Slow
    • Finishes as well as Cornelius.

If he scores 10 goals this season, I'll buy everyone who replies to this thread a pint.

Bogle did more in 20 minutes.
    He makes me want to leave the EU with no deal, just so he can be deported back to Germany for crimes against sport.

I'd go with Ward. Thing is with Glatzel, he's not showing a thing, he really is poor.
    He's not shown anything mate. I get what people are saying about the service but he's not shown any glimpse of anything. He's not good in the air, he's not fast, he's not linking play, hes not got clever movement, he's snatching at chances.

Honestly struggling to see what he brings to the the table.

He's not shown anything mate. I get what people are saying about the service but he's not shown any glimpse of anything. He's not good in the air, he's not fast, he's not linking play, hes not got clever movement, he's snatching at chances.

You make a good point. Ok, the service and support is shit, we all get that, So i suppose you look for the next best thing-What are his attributes. I can forgive him a lack of goals but not the inability to control the ball, head the ball with any purpose and stand up in the challenge. His reactions are way off as well. All of this bullshit that he's adjusting doesn't wash. He'd be showing something by now.

You make a good point. Ok, the service and support is shit, we all get that, So i suppose you look for the next best thing-What are his attributes. I can forgive him a lack of goals but not the inability to control the ball, head the ball with any purpose and stand up in the challenge. His reactions are way off as well. All of this bullshit that he's adjusting doesn't wash. He'd be showing something by now.
    His record isnt great either. Most of his goals are in a reserve league ffs.

People on here were laughing about how we got 8m for Zohore. I bet the Krauts were in hysterics afor getting 5.5m for him.

Austin started for West Brom today.

Robson Kanu scores off the bench.

Zohore not in the squad. Didn’t notice him in the “missing players” on FlashScores either so doesn’t look like he’s injured.

Flint's feet are like Spoonbills' beaks. It's amazing that so many footballers can earn incredible money when they are so very limited.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    He cant be compared to Ken. On current evidence hes nowhere near that standard.

The worrying thing is I dont see what he offers over bogle and madine.
    I agree that I’d like to see more from him and that Bogle appears to offer something similar, but he is still light years ahead of Madine.

At least he has scored!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    I agree that I’d like to see more from him and that Bogle appears to offer something similar, but he is still light years ahead of Madine.

At least he has scored!
    I'm not a Madine fan by any means but he was never afforded the game time RG has been allowed

His record isnt great either. Most of his goals are in a reserve league ffs.

People on here were laughing about how we got 8m for Zohore. I bet the Krauts were in hysterics afor getting 5.5m for him.
    I still think that the club somehow managing to get £8m for Kenneth ranks alongside getting £500k for a Steve McLean as the best selling transactions ever made by the club (how much did Wolves pay is for Joe Mason?)

£3m for Mason. Zohore not even on the bench today for WBA but he's still better than any other strike we currently have. TWo years ago would anyone have thought we'd be looking for Bogle or Ward to start.

... and weak as a kitten!

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Flint's feet are like Spoonbills' beaks. It's amazing that so many footballers can earn incredible money when they are so very limited.
    Yeah, I’m yet to be convinced by Flint either.

Hopefully he’ll come good like Morrison did eventually.