+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Huge improvement tonight

Huge improvement tonight

Some very hard working players even toward the end.
    I thought we had blown it until that bit of luck. We have had so little good fortune for a long time.
    I think our team is starting to take shape.

Pleased for Lee particularly.

On to Ewood.

Re: Huge improvement tonight

Yeah much better but still looked massively open as did Huddersfield. Never confident going away should have won that game more comfortably. Tomlin needs to keep up that appearance to make him hard to drop.

Thought we allowed Huddersfield far too much time and space, especially in their final third.
    We probably shaded it in the end but we could easily have conceded more

A very positive performance tonight.
    Much much better play by Bacuna and Whyte. A few things still to address, but most encouraging

Shocking start to the season for Cardiff. You are well off the play off pace....by two points.
    It’s a slog of a season. You will be there or thereabouts and I’m hoping we might be too.
    There has been a bit of a knee jerk reaction on here which surprised me. It’s still August

Looking at the starts to the season Fulham do look very strong. Their squad is impressive. In this very early stage they look the team to beat.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    A very positive performance tonight.
    Much much better play by Bacuna and Whyte. A few things still to address, but most encouraging
    Comfortably our weakest link this evening. The boy needs to get on the weights and sharpish, he's extremely lightweight. He also lacks end product. But that's nothing new to our wingers as there's only one who does, so I guess he fits in, in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Shocking start to the season for Cardiff. You are well off the play off pace....by two points.
    It’s a slog of a season. You will be there or thereabouts and I’m hoping we might be too.
    There has been a bit of a knee jerk reaction on here which surprised me. It’s still August

Looking at the starts to the season Fulham do look very strong. Their squad is impressive. In this very early stage they look the team to beat.
    A lot will depend on injuries.
    We’ve already taken a load.

Not sure that Fulham apart many of the other early pacemakers have got that much depth in their squads

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    A lot will depend on injuries.
    We’ve already taken a load.

Not sure that Fulham apart many of the other early pacemakers have got that much depth in their squads
    We will find out as winter kicks in. It’s going to be a cracking season though. I also think that if Swansea keep hold of Ayew and Baston in this transfer window they have the firepower to do well.

I thought we didn't play particularly well although Tomlin and Ralls were very good. We still could have got 4-5. The keeper made some cracking saves. Murphy's shooting was generally way off again. I don't think we shaded it, we won deservedly.

It was a better attacking performance, but we're going to concede an awful lot of goals this season if we keep defending like this.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    It was a better attacking performance, but we're going to concede an awful lot of goals this season if we keep defending like this.
    Morrison a shadow of his former self.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Comfortably our weakest link this evening. The boy needs to get on the weights and sharpish, he's extremely lightweight. He also lacks end product. But that's nothing new to our wingers as there's only one who does, so I guess he fits in, in that regard.
    Hold up, Murphy did fcuk all 2nd half, I thought Whyte did OK.
    Still no dominant centre midfielder in our ranks, their tall CM guy ran all over us.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    I thought we didn't play particularly well although Tomlin and Ralls were very good. We still could have got 4-5. The keeper made some cracking saves. Murphy's shooting was generally way off again. I don't think we shaded it, we won deservedly.
    We deserved it because we aren't as crap as they are. I saw nothing that gave me any confidence that we can compete with teams like Fulham or Leeds

We will find out as winter kicks in. It’s going to be a cracking season though. I also think that if Swansea keep hold of Ayew and Baston in this transfer window they have the firepower to do well.
    Even though they have lost a few players they got good money for some and can now afford to keep those 2 arguably they will be stronger with Ayew and Barton than with James and McBurnie.

It has to be remembered that with their very good under 23 side they came down with an enormous squad.

Only problem I can see is they seem thin in a few areas . Couple of injuries in defence or centre mid and they could struggle.

Remind to be seen whether those 2 stay. Ayew was getting dogs abuse off their fans 18 months ago

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    Hold up, Murphy did fcuk all 2nd half, I thought Whyte did OK.
    Still no dominant centre midfielder in our ranks, their tall CM guy ran all over us.
    Chalobah. He’s a really good player.

Wouldn’t say he ran all over us, but he had a good game.

We were well on top for most of it.

Think Warnock was. Bit late with the subs again though, last 20-25 there were a few tired legs out there

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Morrison a shadow of his former self.
    Thought he was excellent tonight.

Huddersfield hardly opened us up.

24 shots to 8 (16 in the first half)

6 to 3 on target tells a story.

We were clearly the better side for most of the game but our finishing was woeful

The late winner doesn't disguise the fact that our style of football is of a bygone age and that the standard of passing in the team is absolutely woeful. Hoofing the ball up front is the preferred option for our keeper and defenders. And our finishing is not exactly impressive either.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Thought he was excellent tonight.

Huddersfield hardly opened us up.

24 shots to 8 (16 in the first half)

6 to 3 on target tells a story.

We were clearly the better side for most of the game but our finishing was woeful
    He and Flint are an accident waiting to happen at the moment. A couple of times in the 1st half, they got too tight and once they got turned, neither have got the pace to recover or cover each other. When we come up against pace and a bit more quality, we will be punished.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    The late winner doesn't disguise the fact that our style of football is of a bygone age and that the standard of passing in the team is absolutely woeful. Hoofing the ball up front is the preferred option for our keeper and defenders. And our finishing is not exactly impressive either.
    I don’t think it’s our preferred option for our keeper, I actually think he’s very good at distributing the ball from his feet and hands, and I think he would like get the ball away quicker. It’s just our general tactic.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    The paradox of that is for all their sharp, quick passing Huddersfield created less than 25% of the chances we created. There was a moment in the 1st half when they strung about 25 passes together only to finish with an aimless punt into our keeper's arms. Yes, our football is direct but for every side that passes well and succeeds there are 3 or 4 that don't..

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    For a team supposedly with a strong defensive unit we look shaky.
    Why so late in games so we start to back off attackers and run backwards? I’ve noticed it for a few seasons now but in the promotion season we got away with it as we overpowered teams and found a way to win, his year we seem to look fragile, strange considering the lumps we have at the back.
    Need pace.

When I saw the fixtures are thought it wasn’t an easy start, playing newly promoted teams is never easy, nor Wigan and reading away early in the season at least. Another away at Blackburn and derby and Fulham at home......

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    For a team supposedly with a strong defensive unit we look shaky.
    Why so late in games so we start to back off attackers and run backwards? I’ve noticed it for a few seasons now but in the promotion season we got away with it as we overpowered teams and found a way to win, his year we seem to look fragile, strange considering the lumps we have at the back.
    Need pace.

Need pace to cover the defence if Pack is out for 2 months....who?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Need pace to cover the defence if Pack is out for 2 months....who?
    Danny Simpson, free agent at right back. Shows how much we miss Manga’s pace/instinct at right/centre back to cover Morrison.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavross1927 View Post
    He and Flint are an accident waiting to happen at the moment. A couple of times in the 1st half, they got too tight and once they got turned, neither have got the pace to recover or cover each other. When we come up against pace and a bit more quality, we will be punished.
    Agree. Flint just seems a worse version of Morrison. Together they're too slow and will be caught out. I like Morrison as a CB at this level. Just need someone next to him better than Flint. Bamba back October time I think I saw last.