+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who do you want as our next manager?

Re: Who do you want as our next manager?

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    Panicked because they won four games from January 2017 to November 2017.

I know two Boro fans and believe me neither of them were sad that he was sacked/walked away whatever it was. Games going past him and he's not an improvement over Warnock
    Two Boro fans out of 20000😂, Pulis 10 +years in Premier League no relegations, Warnock 5 years in Prem, 5 relegations + 2 relegations in lower leagues, better manager don’t think so, if we’d appointed Pulis instead of Ole we would still be in Premier League, Statistics prove it!

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    Two Boro fans out of 20000😂, Pulis 10 +years in Premier League no relegations, Warnock 5 years in Prem, 5 relegations + 2 relegations in lower leagues, better manager don’t think so, if we’d appointed Pulis instead of Ole we would still be in Premier League, Statistics prove it!
    Go look at their forums or twitter when he was sacked or you carry on being in denial up to you.

Also Pulis was at Palace before we sacked Malky so bit of a moot point.

Pulis plays dour football just like Warnock, don’t care about how many years he spent in the PL, Id rather be in league 2 than watch his football at any level

Mike Flynn has worked wonders on a shoestring at County and appeared to have them playing decent football against Premier & Championship teams in the cup over the last two seasons.

Why is «working on a shoestring» the consensus? With the crowds this club can produce. With parachute money. What is wrong with this club!? Might as well bring back Russ the Slade.

Nathan Jones will be available soon

Are you serious?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Did his apprenticeship With us.

Boris Johnson as long as he gets rid of VAR and demotes Swansea back to its town status.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfmother View Post
    Why is «working on a shoestring» the consensus? With the crowds this club can produce. With parachute money. What is wrong with this club!? Might as well bring back Russ the Slade.
    I was pointing out that Flynn has worked wonders on a shoestring at County which makes him a good manager in my book. Not sure what that had to do with the rest of your rant about City.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Are you serious?
    He's been on the pop. Pulis next job if he is lucky will be Cwnty or in the Gwent Cwnty.

He couldn't lace NW boots.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    He's been on the pop. Pulis next job if he is lucky will be Cwnty or in the Gwent Cwnty.

He couldn't lace NW boots.
    Statistics prove he would have kept us up 😂😂😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Statistics prove he would have kept us up 😂😂😂😂😂
    No they don't. They suggest he might have kept us up based on previous with other Premier League teams. It doesn't address the difference in squads etc.

Whatever we think of Pulis, it appears his magic is in decline. Surely no-one thinks his techniques are what they were a decade ago?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    No they don't. They suggest he might have kept us up based on previous with other Premier League teams. It doesn't address the difference in squads etc.

Whatever we think of Pulis, it appears his magic is in decline. Surely no-one thinks his techniques are what they were a decade ago?
    Read the whole thread, you’ll notice I was taking the piss out of Ianto

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    It might be a riskier choice than Hughton but you can see a progression from Warnock to Nathan Jones in their passion and feeling need to prove themselves. We need progression rather than revolution.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyncoed Slumdog View Post
    I was pointing out that Flynn has worked wonders on a shoestring at County which makes him a good manager in my book. Not sure what that had to do with the rest of your rant about City.
    Not specifically aimed at you. The shoestring thing goes across with a lot of fans. I don't see the point. What we should look at is someone who can build an organization and long term style of play. Someone who spend the money there is on talent, and can develop them. But I don't think the club is in a position to do that. Not with Dalman around. And not with Warwick.

Could we get someone like Laudrup or is that too far fetched?

Paco Jemez would be fun

Rob Phillips said on his phone in last night that when there was speculation about Mike Flynn taking the Swansea job during the summer, he always thought Cardiff was a more realistic option for him. As Surge said earlier in the thread, we need evolution rather than revolution and so Flynn's experience of playing a long ball game at Newport would be a help, but the talk on the phone in was that as he had lost a bit of pace from his side in the summer, he is in the process of introducing more of a passing style at County.

I think Flynn would be a realistic choice for us - he's proved he can spot a good player at League 2 level, so I feel it should follow that he can do so at Championship level as well. People say he is an honest bloke who is popular with fans and his players alike and given the way he can get his team up for cup ties against Premier League sides, he appears to be a good man manager - County put us to shame when you compare their attitude when playing at home to Man City last season to ours.

Also, I wouldn't be put off by Nathan Jones' imminent sacking from Stoke - we could do worse than choose him.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Rob Phillips said on his phone in last night that when there was speculation about Mike Flynn taking the Swansea job during the summer, he always thought Cardiff was a more realistic option for him. As Surge said earlier in the thread, we need evolution rather than revolution and so Flynn's experience of playing a long ball game at Newport would be a help, but the talk on the phone in was that as he had lost a bit of pace from his side in the summer, he is in the process of introducing more of a passing style at County.

I think Flynn would be a realistic choice for us - he's proved he can spot a good player at League 2 level, so I feel it should follow that he can do so at Championship level as well. People say he is an honest bloke who is popular with fans and his players alike and given the way he can get his team up for cup ties against Premier League sides, he appears to be a good man manager - County put us to shame when you compare their attitude when playing at home to Man City last season to ours.

Also, I wouldn't be put off by Nathan Jones' imminent sacking from Stoke - we could do worse than choose him.
    I'd go for Nathan Jones, He did alot of very good work at Luton, I don't think Stoke are right for him. He's also from the area, did his time with City and can't quite work out why he wasn't given a Pro contract as he could play, i think he went over to Spain with Colin Addison for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I'd go for Nathan Jones, He did alot of very good work at Luton, I don't think Stoke are right for him. He's also from the area, did his time with City and can't quite work out why he wasn't given a Pro contract as he could play, i think he went over to Spain with Colin Addison for a bit.
    Answered your own question

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

Both really uninspiring, unambitious poor choices IMO. And I don't follow your bit in bold.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post

A decade ago, you’re joking ? he was Premier League Manager of the Year 5 years ago with Crystal Palace when we could have appointed him instead of Ole and also on the short list of 6, 3 years ago in his first season with WBA when Conte was No 1 as he won the league with Chelsea at his first attempt!

A decade ago, you’re joking ? he was Premier League Manager of the Year 5 years ago with Crystal Palace when we could have appointed him instead of Ole and also on the short list of 6, 3 years ago in his first season with WBA when Conte was No 1 as he won the league with Chelsea at his first attempt!
    I don't want Tony Pulis anywhere near this club.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I don't want Tony Pulis anywhere near this club.
    Imagine watching sides like Leeds and Swansea and thinking yeah we should hire Pulis. He set up negatively against Newport County ffs

If Pulis could set us up as his Palace team was then I'd be all for it but his Boro team was a more expensive, less progressive, less successful version of our promotion side under Warnock and that would be an awful thing to replicate. Without the relationship between manager and fans that exists now, Pulis-ball would see the current togetherness deplete rapidly.