Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
I don't think someone has to prove themselves at all before becoming the manager of Cardiff City but I do wonder how we would go about short listing and concluding that someone is the right choice.

Swansea this summer (according to their chairman) received a high quantity of applications and in the end it was rumoured that Michael Appleton, Flynn and Cooper, now the outsider according to logic would be Cooper, however Swansea had people like Britton and Curtis involved in their selection process so knew exactly what they were looking for in their applicants.

I honestly don't know how we're going to arrive at the same place when we go through the process.

Warnock is clear and I've heard him speak on numerous occasions that he doesn't for the life of him understand what's wrong with kicking the ball into row Z and similar sentiments.

Now I'm not saying that there is anything wrong with row Z per say but I'm just saying that if we did have a manager who said he'd like to play from the back with a possession based brand of football then he'd be dismissed in the same way that I'd dismiss if I heard someone like Warnock say the opposite.

We have no football philosophy at our club. We have no football people attached to our club so I truly think that unless we stumble across and appoint the right manager by luck then I don't see how we can strategically seek out the right guy.
Yeah, you read so much on here about them being lucky with managers etc, yet they have a process in place. But yeah it’s pure luck.
It’s really no surprise either they had a high number of applicants.