+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bolton saved as club bought by Football Ventures

Bolton saved as club bought by Football Ventures

Breaking news.

Re: Bolton saved as club bought by Football Ventures

Bolton Wanderers' survival has been secured after Football Ventures (Whites) Limited completed its protracted takeover of the club.

Administrators had warned that the club could be placed into liquidation on Wednesday without a finalised takeover.

It looked to have collapsed on Monday, leading to bleak warnings about the future of the 145-year-old club.

"I'm delighted we've finally reached a satisfactory conclusion with the sale," said joint administrator Paul Appleton.

"I have every sympathy for the staff, players and fans who have been forced to stand by while their club was taken to the brink. I am delighted their loyalty, dedication and patience have finally been rewarded."

Re: Bolton saved as club bought by Football Ventures

Would you have mixed feelings about this as a Bolton fan? After days/weeks of a unity with Bury fans and now your club is saved while the other is lost. 2 days ago you were, rightfully, criticising the lack of care demonstrated by The Football League and now you're left happy but questioning whether the bottom of the pyramid is still burning and you were only saved because you stood slightly further away from the flames.