+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who do you want as our next manager?

Re: Who do you want as our next manager?

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    With our playing staff got to be Pulis in the short term to get us promoted and keep us up and he is one of us but as previously said we must get a Director of Football to organise the Academy,Scouting,transfers and long term planning. Osian Roberts would be ideal?
    Oh god no.
    Out of the frying pan into another frying pan

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    What's Slade doing ?
    Living in Sully I think.

With our playing staff got to be Pulis in the short term to get us promoted and keep us up and he is one of us but as previously said we must get a Director of Football to organise the Academy,Scouting,transfers and long term planning. Osian Roberts would be ideal?
    Did you see what he did at Boro? No thanks!

Destroy and exit complete!

Would Chris Hughton be a good transitional manager. Was a bit negative at Brighton at times but his football is a bit more progressive than Warnock and he seems to sign decent players and get the best out of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Would Chris Hughton be a good transitional manager. Was a bit negative at Brighton at times but his football is a bit more progressive than Warnock and he seems to sign decent players and get the best out of them.
    That would be the logical choice if he was available, as it wouldn’t be a huge departure the style under Warnock.

I would love us to go for Danny Cowley, and his brother as an assistant. That would be too creative and progressive for our hierarchy though, so won’t happen.

Not who I want to succeed Warnock but I reckon it’ll be Blackwell.
    Warnock said he’s going to have a hand in the selection of the next manager and he has a lot of loyalty to KB

I suppose that way the transition impact would be minimal.

Just my thoughts.....but bookmark this post

That'd be the best idea

Ive got this feeling its going to be Kevin Blackwell or Ronnie Jepson .

Did you see what he did at Boro? No thanks!

Destroy and exit complete!
    Yes got them to the playoffs, promoted with Stoke and has never been relegated from Premier League. A Manager with a different approach with our players would be a disaster, ask Stoke supporters and remember Ole with us!

That man utd manager Seems perfect though. He sure know how to build an organization and give the kids a chance! Some say he is the best man manager arround. Don’t think the fickle City fans would give him more than 7 games though. Probably keeping it close to Warwick’s philosophy. Me me me.

Yes got them to the playoffs, promoted with Stoke and has never been relegated from Premier League. A Manager with a different approach with our players would be a disaster, ask Stoke supporters and remember Ole with us!
    He was largely responsible for West Brom’s relegation and was taking Stoke backwards before he was sacked.

Ask any Boro fan if they care he got them to the play offs, they were all happy he left

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post

I think if either had wanted to be manager then they would be doing it now in L1 or L2

Blackwell has years of it before

Really can’t see him im going back

Fair point though, Warnock won’t want to see his backroom staff out of a job should his influence over the appointment of a new manager be significant.

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    He was largely responsible for West Brom’s relegation and was taking Stoke backwards before he was sacked.

Ask any Boro fan if they care he got them to the play offs, they were all happy he left
    West Brom panicked, appointed new manager and were relegated, how many Boro fans do you know? Do you think they’ll get to play offs this season?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Fair point though, Warnock won’t want to see his backroom staff out of a job should his influence over the appointment of a new manager be significant.
    He will make sure they are OK. I’m sure. Wouldn’t be surprised if Blackwell retired too. And I’m sure Jepson will get another job easily enough

West Brom panicked, appointed new manager and were relegated, how many Boro fans do you know? Do you think they’ll get to play offs this season?
    Panicked because they won four games from January 2017 to November 2017.

I know two Boro fans and believe me neither of them were sad that he was sacked/walked away whatever it was. Games going past him and he's not an improvement over Warnock

I think you might be right. Warnock will cite continuity as being a big factor in the choice (I'm sure 90% or more, of our fanbase, wouldn't want our "style" of play to continue). This is one reason I don't want Warnock having any say in who we have as our next manager. He has too much say in our club and no one is going to stand up to him on football matters. I just don't trust him to make the right choice, in the same way I wouldn't trust him to spend wisely in the January transfer window.

If NW goes at Xmas, which he said he might if all was not going well, then it would probably have to be KB and RJ. A new manager would need to rebuild and January is not the time to do it. I assume those 2 have the same length of contract as NW so paying them off might be a waste of money if we are going nowhere this season.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    What's Slade doing ?
    Here you go Ronnie:

https://www.slade.uk.com/tour-dates?...QXZk8h3GQDUFe0

a

Then we must start accepting lower league football back in division 1 or 2

This would be a nightmare if it was anything other than a temporary decision. If NW has got the ear of VT,which I suspect he has, then it would not be surprising if he left paving the way for KB and RJ. A horrendous thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgotmyoldaccount View Post
    Warnock has done great, but the style of play is horrible. I just hope we get a progressive manager next who likes to play with the ball on the ground.

Any suggestions? Would have took Mark Warburton you know..
    Great idea. We lose a couple of games in a row and many on here will be calling for his head.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Great idea. We lose a couple of games in a row and many on here will be calling for his head.
    You are aware that he said himself he will leave at the end of this season, yes?

So, based on that, why wouldn't we discuss who we'd like as our next manager on a football message board?

Typically when Pep Guardiola joins a new team there is a process where he promotes youth players and spends large amounts of money so he has the right squad for his style of play, but we simply don't have the financial resources to do that and have been ignoring our academy for so long. A manager like Chris Hughton to step into a more progressive way of managing things would be a less risky move than promoting Jepson/Blackwell or a manager who is on the opposite end of the spectrum to Warnock.