+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who do you want as our next manager?

Who do you want as our next manager?

Warnock has done great, but the style of play is horrible. I just hope we get a progressive manager next who likes to play with the ball on the ground.

Any suggestions? Would have took Mark Warburton you know..

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Re: Who do you want as our next manager?

Quote Originally Posted by Forgotmyoldaccount View Post
    Warnock has done great, but the style of play is horrible. I just hope we get a progressive manager next who likes to play with the ball on the ground.

Andy Legg?

Chris Hughton is available.

That’s easy Shimmy butt,Pep innit or maybe Jose,quite like the boy at Stoke if he fancied it as well

As much as the Warnock lovers will fight it, it certainly is something that needs to be addressed. At the very most NW is only staying the course of the season so either way we are looking for a new manager in May.

I personally would like us hire a young, vibrant manager who can introduce a different style of football to the one we are accustomed to seeing. It may mean having a disappointing year so people may need to be patient to reap the long term rewards.

Fans were getting annoyed last night when on a couple of rare occasions we had to go back to Smithies.

On and off the pitch, changing to the generic footballing style most seem to play these days will take a good couple of seasons to get used to.

During our last two home matches the opposition keeper probably had as many touches as their striker, whoever comes in will have to be able to find the right balance between keeping the ball on the deck and going direct when needed, far too many at the moment seem set up to play it almost like playing a long ball is sacrilege.

Unless Dalman and that little fella fecks off, it dosent matter much.. Not only do Warwick need to go, but the structure at the club need to change. Who can make that happen in a sensible way I have no idee. But I’m sure it’s not the above!

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfmother View Post
    Unless Dalman and that little fella fecks off, it dosent matter much.. Not only do Warwick need to go, but the structure at the club need to change. Who can make that happen in a sensible way I have no idee. But I’m sure it’s not the above!
    What's this Warwick business all about? I don't get it.

Plenty of progressive young managers in League 2. As long as you're not bothered by losing most of the time take your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Are you saying "Stop trying to make Warwick happen, it's not going to happen"?

The brothers at Lincoln would be a good shout

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Or me, is it supposed to be an insult?

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Or me, is it supposed to be an insult?
    Why would It be an insult? Warwick is one of the funniest people I know.

QUOTE=Wolfmother;4999157]Why would It be an insult? Warwick is one of the funniest people I know.[/QUOTE]
    Unlike you Wolfie, Warwick is either a joke so subtle that it’s over everyone’s head or, as I suspect, unfathomable shite

Quote Originally Posted by Bothroyd's Diving Coach View Post
    As much as the Warnock lovers will fight it, it certainly is something that needs to be addressed. At the very most NW is only staying the course of the season so either way we are looking for a new manager in May.

I personally would like us hire a young, vibrant manager who can introduce a different style of football to the one we are accustomed to seeing. It may mean having a disappointing year so people may need to be patient to reap the long term rewards.
    How long do you think a vibrant young thing would last at our club with our crisis junkie supporters wanting him out after 2 defeats.Look at the way they treat a man who's saved our club from the biggest crisis I've ever known since my time supporting it.

Not sure what the Warnock Defence Force™ is so upset about, he's said he's buggering off at the end of the season so City should obviously be looking to who the next manager should be.

Personally, I'd be happy to take a punt on Danny Cowley from Lincoln. I know it's an easy answer but I think he'd be a decent hire for someone higher up the ladder than League One.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    QUOTE=Wolfmother;4999157]Why would It be an insult? Warwick is one of the funniest people I know.
    Unlike you Wolfie, Warwick is either a joke so subtle that it’s over everyone’s head or, as I suspect, unfathomable shite[/QUOTE]

You are probably right, on both accounts.

it will be Nigel Pearson

.....and when do we want him?

Let's do a Leeds and go all out and go for Quique Setien!

Quote Originally Posted by Since64 View Post
    That’s easy Shimmy butt,Pep innit or maybe Jose,quite like the boy at Stoke if he fancied it as well
    Jose - you must be joking, would any club want him (Premiership or otherwise). His ego would be bigger than the entire team's put together.

Don't trust this board at all to get the right person. I pray they listen to people knowledgeable about this sport.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    The brothers at Lincoln would be a good shout
    I'll second that!

I'm not sure about Cowley. When I watched them they were very direct and used Akinde long every time they had the ball.

With our playing staff got to be Pulis in the short term to get us promoted and keep us up and he is one of us but as previously said we must get a Director of Football to organise the Academy,Scouting,transfers and long term planning. Osian Roberts would be ideal?

What's Slade doing ?