+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: And this is why we need a Director of Football

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: And this is why we need a Director of Football

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I'd rather concern myself with the club I support which has a manager who, on his record over his nearly three years at Cardiff, likes youngsters a lot less than Sarri does.

Wales Bales will still be trying to prove he's right in 20 years. The guy is a fool.

What a great article and highlights the expertise needed in such a competitive field.

Knowledge of the world of football is paramount, as is being connected.

This is where I believe our club is so fragmented and out of touch.

Just to watch Chalobah last night, you can see that this generation of youngsters coming through play the game on a higher level and we need to be in a place as a club to take full advantage of that.

There appears to be so little attention to detail at our club and whether we like it or not it was clear in press conference's how other managers perceive Warnock and the football we play.

People may think feck um but if we are going to attract the best young talent to this club then we need to have these managers on side.

Nobody would advise someone like Chalobah or Ampadu to come to a club like ours, it just won't happen

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Wales Bales will still be trying to prove he's right in 20 years. The guy is a fool.

What a great article and highlights the expertise needed in such a competitive field.

Knowledge of the world of football is paramount, as is being connected.

This is where I believe our club is so fragmented and out of touch.

Just to watch Chalobah last night, you can see that this generation of youngsters coming through play the game on a higher level and we need to be in a place as a club to take full advantage of that.

There appears to be so little attention to detail at our club and whether we like it or not it was clear in press conference's how other managers perceive Warnock and the football we play.

People may think feck um but if we are going to attract the best young talent to this club then we need to have these managers on side.

Nobody would advise someone like Chalobah or Ampadu to come to a club like ours, it just won't happen
    I've watched Kean play, and only a feckin' idiot would have gotten rid of him!

Top marks to Brands for scoring the deal, but it needed an idiot in place before a deal like that could happen

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post

I was one of the first to advocate for a new footballing philosophy at the end of last season. It's bleedin' obvious what is required, but don't say it too loud!