+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Our Throw-ins

Re: Our Throw-ins

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The only time I can remember us almost scoring from a set piece on Wednesday was when Glatzel headed just wide in the first half after a corner I think it was has been nodded on by Morrison. Although Huddersfield were sleeping from some of the short corners we took, we failed to take advantage and it seems to me that we have got things the wrong way around when we persist with short corners (which we have been doing this season) and yet hurl the ball into the penalty area with long throw ins, which barely ever lead to goals, at every opportunity we get.
    One of the biggest problems I have with the long throws is that the ball spends so long in the air. A defender has plenty of time to position himself and has the advantage of not having to make meaningful contact with the ball. All he has to do is spoil. We have a 6' 7" player and we still can't make it count.

I was told that when we play the ball is out of play for 22 minutes of the 90

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Do you think the man you usually call Sir Neil appreciates being called Colin? Based on what he said about being addressed as Warnock" as a fans evening with him I attended, he wouldn't be happy - why can't you just refer to him by his name?

Well, given that I wrote a letter complaining when Lineker called him that, I'd have to admit a bit of hypocracy. However, I tend to think that Sir Neil is a bit of an old fashioned chap like me who'd take something like that in the spirit it was meant. We used to enjoy a bit of colourful language in this country you know and I think it's a pity that anyone's got to be so careful about third parties getting offended on someone's else's behalf.
    I'm a 120% supporter of the manager ,which should be evident, ( don't point out that 120% isn't possible cause that's another figure of speech), and I've often seen him chuckle when someone calls him Colin. The whole construction of the sentence was an irony you see - since I was addressing eighteen year olds who feel qualified to correct him in the matter of football tactics.

What did he say about being addressed as " Warnock" by the way ? Did you know that Barristers get offended by being addressed by any other term than their surname by colleagues ? You never know, you see, but I think it's a terrible shame if people get precious about such trivial old bollocks.

Grabarra in fairness commanded his area well and came and collected or punched many of the throw ins and corners that were launched into the box.