+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Our Throw-ins

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Our Throw-ins

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Trouble with that is that you can't really practice it and it'd only move faster into the box after it'd been kicked. Also bear in mind that if you throw it to a man to cross he can and will be blocked / challenged by a defender , whilst the long thrower can take his time without challenge and aim for a particular point which he and his team mates know about, and therefore people can make runs to draw defenders away from that point.
    As I said earlier, we're not doing it properly at the moment, but once you do get it right it's a factor which you can control and will certainly bring goals.
    Colin's not daft and he knows all this, which is why he persists with it.

Mind you, I appreciate your polite and constructive reply, since most people here seem to just rant at each other instead of discussing things logically.
    Do you think the man you usually call Sir Neil appreciates being called Colin? Based on what he said about being addressed as Warnock" as a fans evening with him I attended, he wouldn't be happy - why can't you just refer to him by his name?

Re: Our Throw-ins

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Do you think the man you usually call Sir Neil appreciates being called Colin? Based on what he said about being addressed as Warnock" as a fans evening with him I attended, he wouldn't be happy - why can't you just refer to him by his name?

Well, given that I wrote a letter complaining when Lineker called him that, I'd have to admit a bit of hypocracy. However, I tend to think that Sir Neil is a bit of an old fashioned chap like me who'd take something like that in the spirit it was meant. We used to enjoy a bit of colourful language in this country you know and I think it's a pity that anyone's got to be so careful about third parties getting offended on someone's else's behalf.
    I'm a 120% supporter of the manager ,which should be evident, ( don't point out that 120% isn't possible cause that's another figure of speech), and I've often seen him chuckle when someone calls him Colin. The whole construction of the sentence was an irony you see - since I was addressing eighteen year olds who feel qualified to correct him in the matter of football tactics.

What did he say about being addressed as " Warnock" by the way ? Did you know that Barristers get offended by being addressed by any other term than their surname by colleagues ? You never know, you see, but I think it's a terrible shame if people get precious about such trivial old bollocks.