+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Our Throw-ins

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Our Throw-ins

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Not really. It's predictable and can be defended against. Rory Delap made a name for himself one season but once teams knew how to deal with it, he became ineffective.
    The only time I can remember us almost scoring from a set piece on Wednesday was when Glatzel headed just wide in the first half after a corner I think it was has been nodded on by Morrison. Although Huddersfield were sleeping from some of the short corners we took, we failed to take advantage and it seems to me that we have got things the wrong way around when we persist with short corners (which we have been doing this season) and yet hurl the ball into the penalty area with long throw ins, which barely ever lead to goals, at every opportunity we get.

Re: Our Throw-ins

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The only time I can remember us almost scoring from a set piece on Wednesday was when Glatzel headed just wide in the first half after a corner I think it was has been nodded on by Morrison. Although Huddersfield were sleeping from some of the short corners we took, we failed to take advantage and it seems to me that we have got things the wrong way around when we persist with short corners (which we have been doing this season) and yet hurl the ball into the penalty area with long throw ins, which barely ever lead to goals, at every opportunity we get.
    One of the biggest problems I have with the long throws is that the ball spends so long in the air. A defender has plenty of time to position himself and has the advantage of not having to make meaningful contact with the ball. All he has to do is spoil. We have a 6' 7" player and we still can't make it count.