+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Our Throw-ins

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Our Throw-ins

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    We're not getting it right at the moment though...
    ...and we didn’t all last season. Whilst I can see there’s a time and place for them, it just sends a message that we are one-dimensional and not confident enough to try anything else.

I have to agree that so many long throw-ins really aren't good to watch but even more than that, they were very ineffective last season and have been up until now.

The season before, Morrison was winning virtually everything and scoring goals to boot. Since our promotion last year, he seems to have lost a big part of his game.

The worst part of this tactic for me though is not our lack of joy from them, but the chaos that ensues defensively when it breaks down.
    We all know that any successful side has to be solid at the back but we have been far from that, much of the time as a direct result of these fruitless long throws.

Every now and again is fine but not as our main tactic. Sides have sussed how to play it.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    I have to agree that so many long throw-ins really aren't good to watch but even more than that, they were very ineffective last season and have been up until now.

The season before, Morrison was winning virtually everything and scoring goals to boot. Since our promotion last year, he seems to have lost a big part of his game.

The worst part of this tactic for me though is not our lack of joy from them, but the chaos that ensues defensively when it breaks down.
    We all know that any successful side has to be solid at the back but we have been far from that, much of the time as a direct result of these fruitless long throws.

Every now and again is fine but not as our main tactic. Sides have sussed how to play it.
    We had 24 attempts yesterday. It was great to watch and leaving the long throws out we had three brilliant balls played through for forwards to run onto and score that nearly came off. One dimensional we are not.