+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: A less than perfect start and it's bash the manager time

A less than perfect start and it's bash the manager time

And that man being one of the greatest managers we have ever had

Thank fook we won last night or it would have been like the keystone cops on here

Re: A less than perfect start and it's bash the manager time

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    And that man being one of the greatest managers we have ever had

Thank fook we won last night or it would have been like the keystone cops on here
    The same people moan about the ‘gutless’ players but are willing to bow down to the wurzels and jacks after 3 games. Just as well the players dont throw in the towel so quickly.

Not just on here, some guy few rows behind us last night calling Warnock out when he made the subs, doesn't know what he's doing, should **** off. Hoilett scores.

He was probably lucky like the Luton subs.

Are we not allowed to discuss why the team has lost when they lose? Or is any criticism bashing the manager?

Warnock has been amazing for Cardiff City but that doesn't mean he shouldn't be criticised for spending money on players and not playing them, signing players who are with the agent his son works for and getting hammered by Reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Are we not allowed to discuss why the team has lost when they lose? Or is any criticism bashing the manager?

Warnock has been amazing for Cardiff City but that doesn't mean he shouldn't be criticised for spending money on players and not playing them, signing players who are with the agent his son works for and getting hammered by Reading.
    And there it is again. Glowing evidence that some people will always have an agenda against one of our best managers ever and are not interested in whether the team plays well and wins or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    The same people moan about the ‘gutless’ players but are willing to bow down to the wurzels and jacks after 3 games. Just as well the players dont throw in the towel so quickly.
    There it is again, why on earth is it deemed cowardly to criticise the team you support?

On this issue I'm squarely behind Croesy Blue, as there is no evidence that he has an agenda at all.

There is no doubt that NW has been good for the club but to blindly believe that all he touches will turn to gold is not credible I'm afraid.

Personally I don't agree with pouring vitriol on the manager after a less than auspicious start to the season but it is every fan's right on these forums to comment on individual performances, team selection, player transfers etc.

It doesn't or shouldn't mean that people should be offensive and overly aggressive but it is natural that they should let off steam when things are not going swimmingly, such as is the case at present.

Respect the manager yes of course but please don't treat him like a god.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    And there it is again. Glowing evidence that some people will always have an agenda against one of our best managers ever and are not interested in whether the team plays well and wins or not.
    The team winning doesn't stop those things being valid criticisms though, does it?

I like Warnock, I think he's done an amazing job. That doesn't mean he's perfect or above having some of the areas he's not done as well in discussed on a football messageboard.

Is “bash the manager” a euphemism ?

I dont like Warnock . I dont think he is genuine . I think he thinks we are all stupid.

That said , he got us to the premier league , nearly kept us there , and will probably get us into the playoffs again this season( minimum). not sure why everyone is suddenly getting aerated about him .

This is his last season , there will be no legacy for the next manager, unless he keeps Tomlin and the odd one or two who can actually play football .

"Playoffs minimum" - your comments suggest you haven't seen us play this season.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    There it is again, why on earth is it deemed cowardly to criticise the team you support?
    Nothing wrong with criticism, I was scathing after Sunday. I’m referring to those who would willingly write off our season after 3 games.

When I read the headline, I thought Sludgey was on about the outcome with his latest 'conquest' Once he has plied the poor young lady with White Lightning, I thought a less than perfect start and it's bash the manager time, meant that after he was failed to get it "up" he has to knock one out

Seriously tho Sludge, hope you are keeping well

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    I dont like Warnock . I dont think he is genuine . I think he thinks we are all stupid.

That said , he got us to the premier league , nearly kept us there , and will probably get us into the playoffs again this season( minimum). not sure why everyone is suddenly getting aerated about him .

This is his last season , there will be no legacy for the next manager, unless he keeps Tomlin and the odd one or two who can actually play football .
    Warnock's last season, I wouldn't put money on it, especially if he took us back up. I'm sure Sharon would persuade him to have one last shot.

I'm quite shocked... Sludge starting a thread about football!

We were also shit all of last season