+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Pound surgng. No little footballer puns.

Pound surgng. No little footballer puns.

BBC must report this. EU starting to fold.
    Might be Brexitino.
    Brexit in name only.
    But its going to be Brexit.

Next election will see the Conservatives wiped out by Nigels army if we get Brexitino.

Re: Pound surgng. No little footballer puns.

I'm starting to think you like the attention from these threads. It's a bit masochistic but takes all sorts.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    BBC must report this. EU starting to fold.
    Might be Brexitino.
    Brexit in name only.
    But its going to be Brexit.

Next election will see the Conservatives wiped out by Nigels army if we get Brexitino.
    You're getting desperate now .... surged back to the rate it was at 10 days ago and still lower than when Boris was appointed.

Meanwhile back in the real world it's €0.33 lower than before Cameron's announcement, which has wiped out around £90M in revenue and cost 150 jobs, in 1 company alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    You're getting desperate now .... surged back to the rate it was at 10 days ago and still lower than when Boris was appointed.

Meanwhile back in the real world it's €0.33 lower than before Cameron's announcement, which has wiped out around £90M in revenue and cost 150 jobs, in 1 company alone.
    Being selective there Des. Factually correct but hides a lie.

It averaged 1.2 to the pound over the last ten years so it's 8% off the average rate today.

If we get Brexit I am certain it will go so high you will be unhappy it is too strong.

Within a year of Brexit it will be 1.40 or more to the pound

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    Being selective there Des. Factually correct but hides a lie.

It averaged 1.2 to the pound over the last ten years so it's 8% off the average rate today.

If we get Brexit I am certain it will go so high you will be unhappy it is too strong.

Within a year of Brexit it will be 1.40 or more to the pound
    I'm just fed up of the sh!t to be honest. People burying their heads in the sand and hanging onto something that might happen.

I've lived this every day for 3 years, I can't get away from it. I was working for a soaring business in 2016, 750 people dependent on the business, record sales, quadrupled revenue and turnover, all killed by Brexit. Every day we lose £160k holding stock and storage for what might happen, that's a cost of £38 million this year alone. 150 jobs lost with the rest to follow over the next 4 years, European customers demanding that the product is made in the EU (written into their contracts). The misery caused is unnecessary and totally avoidable.

Joking about the pound soaring .001 of a €uro is in no way anything to be joyous about.

Just out of interest we held a referendum at work last week, just short of 300 people voted. The result a resounding 72% to remain.

I'm just fed up of the sh!t to be honest. People burying their heads in the sand and hanging onto something that might happen.

I've lived this every day for 3 years, I can't get away from it. I was working for a soaring business in 2016, 750 people dependent on the business, record sales, quadrupled revenue and turnover, all killed by Brexit. Every day we lose £160k holding stock and storage for what might happen, that's a cost of £38 million this year alone. 150 jobs lost with the rest to follow over the next 4 years, European customers demanding that the product is made in the EU (written into their contracts). The misery caused is unnecessary and totally avoidable.

Joking about the pound soaring .001 of a €uro is in no way anything to be joyous about.

Just out of interest we held a referendum at work last week, just short of 300 people voted. The result a resounding 72% to remain.
    Des as always your messages always bring home the reality of Brexit which is far from the idealist unsubstantiated bullshit of The ‘it will be alright you have to believe’ bollocks of the Brexiter encapsulated in our new Prime Minister.

The Euro also suffers internal inflation problems and has done for a while , pre Brexit times , you can't just blame UK factors..
    It also performs badly against the dollar , we would indeed be naive to thimk its all diwn to us and Brexit . Europe has its own inflationary struggles, with countries withing its zone struggling badly , just ask the Italians ,Greeks and Spanish .

Euro Inflation Rate, €100 in 2018 to 2019
    According to the European Central Bank consumer price index, today's prices in 2019 are 0.78% higher than average prices throughout 2018. The euro experienced an average inflation rate of 0.78% in the last 12 months. This means the real value of a dollar has been decreasing recently.

In other words, €100 in 2018 is equivalent in purchasing power to about €100.78 in 2019.

The 2018 inflation rate was 1.67%. The current inflation rate (2018 to 2019) is now 0.78%1. I

If this number holds, €100 today will be equivalent in buying power to €100.78 next year.

The really horrible thing is that some of these people will have been conned into voting for the loss of their own jobs.

On the other hand you have to wonder about the 28% in your poll that still want to leave. Do you think they are still convinced that all of this is Project Fear, or do they see their own impending unemployment as an acceptable "bump in the road"?

The real tragedy of all this is that many of those who voted in favour of Leave do not understand the real motive for the project which is to decimate protective regulation in favour of the interests of the rich and powerful. Those people on the lower end of the social and income scale will be hit hardest and have the most to lose. Unfortunately they have been sold a pup. If Brecks Shit does go ahead (which I'm by no means certain of) expect to hear the phrase "turkeys voting for Christmas" crop up a lot.