+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Braga Municipal Stadium

Braga Municipal Stadium

Braga are playing Spartak Moscow tonight at the Braga Municipal Stadium. Never been to the stadium but it's on my bucket list. I@ll be finding a stream for this match just to watch some football in that stadium.

There are a few stadiums around the world that seem a bit special. Ours isn't but i don't mind. What stadiums are special to you?

Re: Braga Municipal Stadium

Soldier Field in Chicago is absolutely fantastic, went for an outdoor hockey game in blizzard-like conditions, was something special.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohPo-srDmZ0

The San Siro for me. Saw Wales away to Italy there and on another trip did the stadium tour - and I just booked flights for next March hoping to see a Serie A game that weekend.

It's a monster (and to be demolished in a few seasons' time): https://tinyurl.com/y32k5kjw

The Nou Camp. Doesn’t look that impressive from the outside but the 1st time I went there was sat right at the back by the score board and away fans - the view was breathtaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    The San Siro for me. Saw Wales away to Italy there and on another trip did the stadium tour - and I just booked flights for next March hoping to see a Serie A game that weekend.

It's a monster (and to be demolished in a few seasons' time): https://tinyurl.com/y32k5kjw
    Did you have piss tipped on you while you were there? Serious question.

Did the tour last summer, you're right it's an absolute behemoth, but for me the most disappointing site I've ever visited, not just stadiums. Not sure what I expected, but other than being colossal it was poor I thought. Each to their own. The scale of it alone, concrete wise is impressive to be fair.

No, but I saw it happening and the Police seemingly doing very little about it. Welsh fans, who were in the section of the ground beneath the Italian fans clamoured to seek refuge under the overhang.

I drove to that game, got confused in Milan, and was directed the wrong way up a busy one way street by the Police (who were doing me a favour, I think).

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Did the tour last summer, you're right it's an absolute behemoth, but for me the most disappointing site I've ever visited, not just stadiums. Not sure what I expected, but other than being colossal it was poor I thought. Each to their own. The scale of it alone, concrete wise is impressive to be fair.
    Funny, innit? The Nou Camp, which impressed Stavross1927, did little for me. However, we are all God's children, even us atheists

Will never forget that day at the Matmut Atlantique in Bordeaux. Just incredible, and what a great modern ground. Shame Bordeaux have been struggling to fill it since the Euros.

I'm planning on ticking off the Braga stadium in a couple of weeks for Braga v Benfica. The ground is on my bucket list too, looks absolutely amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by tomm View Post
    Will never forget that day at the Matmut Atlantique in Bordeaux. Just incredible, and what a great modern ground. Shame Bordeaux have been struggling to fill it since the Euros.

I'm planning on ticking off the Braga stadium in a couple of weeks for Braga v Benfica. The ground is on my bucket list too, looks absolutely amazing.
    The exterior of that stadium was something else.

I'm taking my lady on a mystery trip next month and which will take in a game here: https://tinyurl.com/yxew7gr5

Funny, innit? The Nou Camp, which impressed Stavross1927, did little for me. However, we are all God's children, even us atheists
    Yeah I was genuinely gutted with the San Siro. The Olympic Stadium in Munich is very impressive as well. Very futuristic for such an 'older' ground.

Another one here. Nou Camp did nothing for me either.

It's a great question though. Grounds that are special? Certainly none at euro 2016. Great cities, but stadiums were all purpose-built and generic. Done a few Bundesliga grounds, but dare I say Portman Rd. and Hillsborough seem 'proper' football grounds to me?

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Yeah I was genuinely gutted with the San Siro. The Olympic Stadium in Munich is very impressive as well. Very futuristic for such an 'older' ground.
    I saw Forest beat Malmø there

Stade Velodrome in Marseille is impressive. Agree with a previous poster about the olympic stadium in Munich, went there in the mid 90's and it's truly stunning

https://www.wsn.com/blog/most-beauti...stadiums-world

Wouldn't mind visiting the Pancho Arena in Hungary for the architecture. Likewise Amiens' ground is rather smart and cool. Have stood outside the fantastic Allianz Arena in Munich but not really all that compelled to see a game there. The Borisov arena looks quite funky too.

All quite subjective. A non football stadium but AT&T park in San Francisco is pretty impressive, built on the bay.

Heisenberg

The 'Juventus Stadium'. Absolutely incredible venue.

The Monterrey Stadium, Mexico looks absolutely stunningstad.jpg

Also, technically not a football stadium but I watched a football match at The Yankee Stadium a few weeks ago which was pretty amazing

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post

Also, technically not a football stadium but I watched a football match at The Yankee Stadium a few weeks ago which was pretty amazing

Ha funny you should post this because as I as reading the thread I had this very picture in my mind and

Ta da here it is

Wonderful.

The exterior of that stadium was something else.

I'm taking my lady on a mystery trip next month and which will take in a game here: https://tinyurl.com/yxew7gr5
    I remember walking up to it and half us being impressed by the design of the exterior and the rest saying "What the f*ck is that?"

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post

With you on Yankee Stadium, never seen so much marble in one place!