+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Joe Ledley to sign?

Re: Joe Ledley to sign?

I don't hate this on a short-term or pay-as-you-play deal, but we're probably going to give him a three-year contract.

Oh, he's popular, let's sign him then, ffs

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    One of the best ever players our club produced, probably only Tosh and Rambo better. World class at Euros and yet our faithful fans say he’s not worth a short term contract to help us out?
    That is bollocks

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    One of the best ever players our club produced, probably only Tosh and Rambo better. World class at Euros and yet our faithful fans say he’s not worth a short term contract to help us out?
    That was three years ago, football is all about the here & now!

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    That was three years ago, football is all about the here & now!
    The here and the now is that our holding midfielder has gone down with a 2 month injury and we can only sign free agents.

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    The here and the now is that our holding midfielder has gone down with a 2 month injury and we can only sign free agents.
    And Ledley is the best available, right?

And Ledley is the best available, right?
    He has worked with Warnock before, happy to live in the area, would take a 3 month contract.

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    He has worked with Warnock before, happy to live in the area, would take a 3 month contract.
    Being happy to live in the area (well, he was born in Cardiff, so you'd expext that to be the case) is not reason enough to sign a player, neither is the fact that he once worked with Warnock.

duplicate post

Being happy to live in the area (well, he was born in Cardiff, so you'd expext that to be the case) is not reason enough to sign a player, neither is the fact that he once worked with Warnock.
    Its easy to see the reasoning though. The better free agents are looking at the windows in other countries, want longer contracts and want more money, may not fit in with the manager.

If the window was open i would imagine we would look at a loan, however its not.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post

His fathers Facebook post.

Attachment 3219
    Or maybe he's just moving back to live in Cardiff

We could certainly do with some more cover in midfield, and I can't see Warnock bringing any academy players into the first team

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    We could certainly do with some more cover in midfield, and I can't see Warnock bringing any academy players into the first team
    Are there any academy midfielders to make the step up? I honestly don’t know.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    Or maybe he's just moving back to live in Cardiff
    Big news hey.....sideways joe is heading back to the city he is from, he wasn’t good enough 10 years ago in a pretty solid team, I really doubt he is now....lol

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Big news hey.....sideways joe is heading back to the city he is from, he wasn’t good enough 10 years ago in a pretty solid team, I really doubt he is now....lol
    That's revisionist bollocks that he wasn't good enough 10 years ago.

It wasn't being reported as big news either, someone just posted his Dad's facebook post on here ffs

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    That is bollocks
    Big bollocks

Warwick would show real intent if signed!

Im amazed we didn't sign him in our promotion season, 17/18 when he was training with us around this time of the year. Warnock didn't want him then, and I don't think he wants him now. Yes been out of contract for 2 long periods now , which is rare as a footballer. Would have loved him 2 years ago, but not now.

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    Im amazed we didn't sign him in our promotion season, 17/18 when he was training with us around this time of the year. Warnock didn't want him then, and I don't think he wants him now. Yes been out of contract for 2 long periods now , which is rare as a footballer. Would have loved him 2 years ago, but not now.
    Dont worry! Warwick will never sign a player with potential to be more popular than himself. Never have, never will! Me me me me me

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfmother View Post
    Dont worry! Warwick will never sign a player with potential to be more popular than himself. Never have, never will! Me me me me me
    I’m with you, I reckon Warwick will let him Walk On By.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I’m with you, I reckon Warwick will let him Walk On By.
    Foolish pride is all that he has left.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfmother View Post
    That's not Ledley, then.

Apparently he signed up with unique sports management a couple of weeks ago

Foolish pride is all that he has left.
    👍😉