+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Alexa Echo -Dot - Echo show calls

Alexa Echo -Dot - Echo show calls

Alexa Echo -Dot - Echo show - Phone calls

My Mum is struggling with the phone as getting old and poor eyesight if I got her an amazon echo, could I programme it to call my mobile, or would I have to get one too?

Anyone else got one would you recommend for the elderly and which one is best to get, I suppose if she got one with a screen, I could see if she is OK?

I am already going to get one of the emergency buttons around the neck in case of a fall, this is just to make things easier to call family.

Thanks for any help

Re: Alexa Echo -Dot - Echo show calls

I've never used one for calls but they can be used for calling other mobiles and landlines. As long as your mam can say the right thing it'll work fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I've never used one for calls but they can be used for calling other mobiles and landlines. As long as your mam can say the right thing it'll work fine.
    My grandmother would have confused such a gizmo. She used to say "Don't pick your nose, have a biscuit...."

All of the Google home devices have easy phone calling. It's linked to the phone used to set it up so stick your own number in your phone as Dave, and then she can just say "ok Google, call Dave" piece of piss. It sometimes plays silly buggers and says it can't recognise your voice but normally if you just repeat it,it works.

Not sure if it can receive calls though.

I've got a few Amazon devices too but I have never been able to make calls on those. Could be my stupidity of course. But google-to-phone is a doddle.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    All of the Google home devices have easy phone calling. It's linked to the phone used to set it up so stick your own number in your phone as Dave, and then she can just say "ok Google, call Dave" piece of piss. It sometimes plays silly buggers and says it can't recognise your voice but normally if you just repeat it,it works.

Not sure if it can receive calls though.

I've got a few Amazon devices too but I have never been able to make calls on those. Could be my stupidity of course. But google-to-phone is a doddle.
    I am going to sling Alexa out of the window one day . There is a joke thing on you tube with a lady with a Scottish accent struggling with Alexa . I thought it was a joke till I got mine . I say something and she selects something like I said but not quite the same .🤔

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    I am going to sling Alexa out of the window one day . There is a joke thing on you tube with a lady with a Scottish accent struggling with Alexa . I thought it was a joke till I got mine . I say something and she selects something like I said but not quite the same .🤔
    https://youtu.be/J3lYLphzAnw

😁😁