+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dan James (again!)

Re: Dan James (again!)

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    I thought it was rather harsh he was booked for simulation. He took a fair old whack on the knee!
    From the highlights shown the referee was rubbish and this decision was one of a few poor ones.
    Perhaps he had already made his mind up from a previous game where it seemed James had dived.
    Unfortunately for James, his pace and his slight frame make it look like there is simulation and decisions will sometimes go against him.

Very much doubt Mo Salah would have been booked there though and it seems you have to earn the right to get refereeing decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    From the highlights shown the referee was rubbish and this decision was one of a few poor ones.
    Perhaps he had already made his mind up from a previous game where it seemed James had dived.
    Unfortunately for James, his pace and his slight frame make it look like there is simulation and decisions will sometimes go against him.

Very much doubt Mo Salah would have been booked there though and it seems you have to earn the right to get refereeing decisions.
    I think refs will catch up on this. It's his second yellow, and he should have had a free kick both times.

Did you see him outrun Zaha carrying the ball? He is so fast this kid 👏👏

Quote Originally Posted by shimmy View Post
    and i thought that idiot walesbales talked shite
    No, we have you on that team to 👌 Here is another Guardiola quote. “You have to have the players, you have to (there is another long one in there about keeping the ball and scoring goals, but we save that for another Warwick thread) You have to work the players into the system. 3pm on a Saturday, I can’t do anything. Then it is up to the players.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfmother View Post
    Sure. Not a single dig.. They will find them self where they belong. Just as Chealse. Both building. The job is what it is, and it will take more than 7 games this time arround also..
    I see where Chelsea are going far more clearly than Man United at the moment.

The problem I see with Man United and it comes even from people like Gary Neville who is usually so balanced when it comes to football but when you here him talk about Man United he obsesses about the Man United way. 4-4-2 with two wingers etc.

Even Fergie's United had to adapt in Europe and come away from that, and with the greatest respect they never faced anyone on a domestic level as good as Liverpool and Man City.

When Ole was here he was like a broken record banging on about the Man United way but we had a team void of pace and ability and a lot of them were his signings.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I see where Chelsea are going far more clearly than Man United at the moment.

The problem I see with Man United and it comes even from people like Gary Neville who is usually so balanced when it comes to football but when you here him talk about Man United he obsesses about the Man United way. 4-4-2 with two wingers etc.

Even Fergie's United had to adapt in Europe and come away from that, and with the greatest respect they never faced anyone on a domestic level as good as Liverpool and Man City.

When Ole was here he was like a broken record banging on about the Man United way but we had a team void of pace and ability and a lot of them were his signings.
    I think it is easy to see where both are going, where man utd clearly lack in midfield. And it’s so refreshing seeing them young teams. Will watch the odd game of them both. But honestly, after this weekend I found Italy and Spain much more fun to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by shimmy View Post
    your one true love ole can work the players into his system then, cant he...
    Pretty much showing your opinion on football right there.. What players? What system? They had 70%posession in both wolves and palace game. Moving the ball mostly arround opposition area. You can say they had 3 shots on goal, but they also had 20 just missing it. They have 3 players of (developed) quality. First Maguire fail to fall off for the first goal. Then you have Pogba loosing the ball and De Gea letting a soft goal slip for the second I think maybe he should have played Mata for lindgard, but other than that he did nothing wrong. Funny how it’s not “have a go at Poch day” He’s had four years after all 🤓 It is easy to see what they are trying to build, and probably the most fun watching them for years.