+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Tomlin

Tomlin

How did he play today? For anyone who watched the game..

Re: Tomlin

He played well. He brings the ball under his spell so easily and is probably the only player who doesn’t want to get rid of the ball immediately. So many of our players have a poor first touch. Time and again this means the opposition are closing us down and pressing tightly. Tomlin seems to find a little space with ease. But he tiring quickly in the second half when he was substituted.

On a side note, Murphy is getting increasingly frustrating. His final balls are generally poor and he has 4 or 5 wild lashes for each shot he gets on target. Not his day today at all.

Joe Ralls has a really good game today in my opinion.

Cheers mate. Ralls is mr consistent and probably going to be out most important player this season. When tomlin is fully fit hes gonna be a real asset.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Cheers mate. Ralls is mr consistent and probably going to be out most important player this season. When tomlin is fully fit hes gonna be a real asset.
    Is there any reason he isn't fully fit now?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Probably means Match fit. Tomlin can see a pass and his anticipation is pretty good although i don't think that he's the saviour. I don'r blame people for getting slightly exited though as we haven't had a 'footballer' since Koumas and Whittingham was in his prime.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Probably means Match fit. Tomlin can see a pass and his anticipation is pretty good although i don't think that he's the saviour. I don'r blame people for getting slightly exited though as we haven't had a 'footballer' since Koumas and Whittingham was in his prime.
    I forgot Victor, Don't forget Victor! and Arter just before he'd kicked a ball for us.

I wondered that. He’s shed about 2 stone in the summer but he was out on his feet after about 60 minutes on Wednesday night and similarly today. It might be match fitness and getting games under his belt might help but you do wonder whether he’ll ever be able to last the 90 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavross1927 View Post
    I wondered that. He’s shed about 2 stone in the summer but he was out on his feet after about 60 minutes on Wednesday night and similarly today. It might be match fitness and getting games under his belt might help but you do wonder whether he’ll ever be able to last the 90 minutes.
    Probably stamina issues. I noticed against Hudds that he was bombing around the centre of the park, probably not his thing to be honest.

Tomlin's appearance record in recent seasons is shocking. He completed a full ninety minutes just twice during his loan spell with Peterborough. Generally, he was substituted around the 70 minute mark.

Pre-season we were told by the man himself that he was fitter than ever and raring to go. He lasted 77 minutes on Wednesday (although he was effectively finished long before that) and 57 minutes today.

I can't think of any reason why he shouldn't be 100% fit at this stage of the season. We're only five games in after all, and it's not as if he's returning mid-season from an injury lay-off.

Like you, I can understand people being enthusiastic about a player who can actually do a bit with the ball, but I don't think he's got the necessary engine for this level any more. I'll be surprised if he completes ninety minutes any time soon. It would be good if he could as he definitely improves the look of the midfield, but I'm not sure he has it in him.

I imagine there are myriad reasons why this may be the case. In fact the possibilities seem infinite. Fascinating huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dargavel View Post
    I imagine there are myriad reasons why this may be the case. In fact the possibilities seem infinite. Fascinating huh?
    Not really.

Tomlin's appearance record in recent seasons is shocking. He completed a full ninety minutes just twice during his loan spell with Peterborough. Generally, he was substituted around the 70 minute mark.

Pre-season we were told by the man himself that he was fitter than ever and raring to go. He lasted 77 minutes on Wednesday (although he was effectively finished long before that) and 57 minutes today.

I can't think of any reason why he shouldn't be 100% fit at this stage of the season. We're only five games in after all, and it's not as if he's returning mid-season from an injury lay-off.

Like you, I can understand people being enthusiastic about a player who can actually do a bit with the ball, but I don't think he's got the necessary engine for this level any more. I'll be surprised if he completes ninety minutes any time soon. It would be good if he could as he definitely improves the look of the midfield, but I'm not sure he has it in him.
    He probably hasn't been fit for six seasons, it's a long way back at the age of thirty at championship level. The only thing that could save him is if he added goals to his game.

Match fit.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Match fit.
    Why isn't he match fit in August after a full pre-season?

He is match fit, for 60 minutes.

Hasn’t he had a full on gastric bug recently?

Why are you asking me. Im a self employed tradesman.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Why are you asking me. Im a self employed tradesman.
    Apologies, I thought you were an expert. My mistake.

I posted an opinion, it’s what we do on here.

You’re the only self appointed expert on here.

You asked me a direct question, I can’t answer it as I’m not an expert.

For what it’s worth, running around on a training pitch and “being fit “ maybe a little different to playing. But I don’t know.
    Like boxers who can run for miles but get all punched out after 8 rounds..

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Lets be fair Komas was never match fit and he knew he didn't need to be .

Meow🐯🐯🐯, careful your going upset folk and have em on the rage again .

I’m sick of people worshipping this dead beat. We have players working their guts out to get us promoted then trying to keep us in the PL but all we hear is ‘Tomlin this and Tomlin that’ as though he is the Messiah. No he’s not, he’s just a very unprofessional professional.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    I’m sick of people worshipping this dead beat. We have players working their guts out to get us promoted then trying to keep us in the PL but all we hear is ‘Tomlin this and Tomlin that’ as though he is the Messiah. No he’s not, he’s just a very unprofessional professional.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesp View Post
    Hasn’t he had a full on gastric bug recently?
    Well, I must admit I'm quite cynical about our manager's "fitness bulletins" in his press conferences.

I don't doubt that Tomlin put a lot of work in during the summer and that he is fitter than he has been, but the fact he is still having to be treated differently to other players tends to suggest how badly he had let things go during his first two years at the club.

I'd also agree completely about Tomlin being given an easy ride by supporters because he is one of a very endangered species at Cardiff City - a footballer.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    How did he play today? For anyone who watched the game..
    Everything good came through him . Blackburn’s defence was cut open time and time again by his passes .
    After he went off we never made another chance of note , we just huffed and puffed.Blackburn actually came into the game and made a few chances of their own .
    Ok so some of us are giving marks for the ability to run around energetically for 90 minutes “ hard working “ ..... we seem to have quite a few of that sort , not sure you can win football matches without players who can actually play football with a degree of skill .
    Tomlin can play football , I will take his 60 minutes every game .