+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Tomlin

Re: Tomlin

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    No. I’m not saying that at all. I’m merely pointing out that before squad rotation became the in thing, teams would put out the same 11 for weeks and months on end, barring injuries and suspensions, and I must add all this modern day ‘conditioning’ does seem to lead to more niggling injuries.
    That said, players back then would have a cortisone injection and get on with it, not realising the damage being done would haunt a lot of them in yrs to come.
    When I first started going the City in the 70’s you could more or less predict the starting 11 every week.
    So it's the conditioning that causes injuries? I thought it would have more to do with the level that the game is played at these days.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    The same manager who got us promoted last time with the same tactics ?
    Yes, why?

We struggled to score form open play, and this season our bombard the box tactics aren’t as efficient.

Yes, the manager and tactics in a division 2 years on.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Gavin Whyte is one of the players in our side who can more-or-less consistently bring a ball under his control in one touch. He's showing how big a step-up it is with some periods of tactical naivety but before a ball was kicked this year he'd scored more goals in one season than Kadeem Harris had in thirteen and is three years younger. I would suggest he, Whyte, deserves our support as much as Tomlin does and yet one is getting standing ovations and the other is getting criticised.
    13 seasons? How do you know how many Kadeem Harris scores when he was playing under 14s?