+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Tomlin

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Tomlin

Losing weight and core fitness are entirely different things.For whatever reason he hasn't trained or played properly for a long time.Given an extended run in the side and a proper training regime suited to his situation will eventually see him last the 90.This is what the gaffer was on about when he said "its up to him".As someone else said I'd have him for an hour any day at the moment but to use a boxing parlance if he smashes it too much in training he runs the risk of "leaving it all in the gym" on matchday.

Re: Tomlin

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    Losing weight and core fitness are entirely different things.For whatever reason he hasn't trained or played properly for a long time.
    Tomlin made more appearances for Peterborough during the second half of last season than a number of the current squad made for City. I thought he'd also been playing games for the under-23's pre-season and he played in the friendly against Nice.

I hope I'm wrong as Tomlin's an entertaining player to watch (something most of the present team sadly aren't), but I just don't think he has it in him to play regular full games at this level. I don't think Warnock trusts him at all either, so I wouldn't be banking on seeing too much of him in the coming months.