+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Tomlin

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Tomlin

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I'm not trying to be unnecessarily pedantic, but Hartley did say all round striker. He's obviously not the best goal scorer we've ever had, but that's not the strikers main job any more. It hasn't been since Henry was in his pomp, so about 15 years. I'd say chicarito is the last goal machine striker we've seen at top level, an earnie type who can score but not much else.

At the top level, you'll see Salah and Sterling as much as Aguero and Aubameyang. It's not so much the case lower down the leagues, but that's what we aspire to. Bothroyd is the best modern striker we've had.
    Give me a player in the mould of firminho over an earnie type any day.

Don’t get me wrong I loved Earnie and he was fantastic for us, but I’d rather someone who when isn’t scoring can still assist others to do so..

Re: Tomlin

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Give me a player in the mould of firminho over an earnie type any day.

Don’t get me wrong I loved Earnie and he was fantastic for us, but I’d rather someone who when isn’t scoring can still assist others to do so..
    Earnie is arguably our most popular ever player but the average premier league fan sees him as a joke. It's a shame, but that is the problem. If he didn't score then it was hard to see what other contribution he made.

Thankfully he often scored in a city shirt.