+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The football equivalent of a Chinese takeaway meal.

The football equivalent of a Chinese takeaway meal.

Re: The football equivalent of a Chinese takeaway meal.

Excellent read, well constructed and hard to disagree with anything

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The fact that you put this up at 6.51 this morning and that this is only the second response speaks volumes about the game.

Good report as usual Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    The fact that you put this up at 6.51 this morning and that this is only the second response speaks volumes about the game.

Good report as usual Bob.
    That's exactly how I felt about the game. Totally deflated, nothing game, nothing good or bad to say.
    Getting a bit like the Slade era. Cant see us troubling top 2/3, or bottom come to that.

Great read as always, I find myself losing interest during the games, at every game I always begin watching with renewed optimism and enthusiasm but after around 30 minutes I find myself playing with my phone or watching Bartley acting up, it's just not very entertaining to watch at the moment, and there seems to be very little in the way of a plan

Thanks for your replies, it was almost as if Saturday's match had an end of season feel to it.

As soon as I read Warnock's comments I knew they'd wind you up. Five games into the season and it looks like he's already trying to set up another 'little old Cardiff' scenario for the season ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Thanks for your replies, it was almost as if Saturday's match had an end of season feel to it.
    Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by Splott-light... View Post
    Great read as always, I find myself losing interest during the games, at every game I always begin watching with renewed optimism and enthusiasm but after around 30 minutes I find myself playing with my phone or watching Bartley acting up, it's just not very entertaining to watch at the moment, and there seems to be very little in the way of a plan
    and that is exactly what it supposed to.let's forget about the flat cap era where it cost nothing to watch football , pint afterwards then home to the wife.this is a multi million industry and people pay insane amounts of money to watch it. it should be at least entertaining to watch and not a fecking borefest.

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    and that is exactly what it supposed to.let's forget about the flat cap era where it cost nothing to watch football , pint afterwards then home to the wife.this is a multi million industry and people pay insane amounts of money to watch it. it should be at least entertaining to watch and not a fecking borefest.
    The strange thing is that when Warnock came he often used to speak how he wanted fans to go away from the game talking about how entertaining it was.

Warnock's style of football has never been my cup of tea but nevertheless I remember coming away from games like Barnsley at home when we lost 4-3 thinking wow that was entertaining, but now it bores me to tears seeing the giants migrate up the pitch for every throw in ffs

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    As soon as I read Warnock's comments I knew they'd wind you up. Five games into the season and it looks like he's already trying to set up another 'little old Cardiff' scenario for the season ahead.
    I don't know if you watched Steve Coopers interview after their game on the pitch yesterday but Gary Rowett and the other fella said to him your next 6 games will test where you are against some real big clubs and Cooper replied we're a big club too. We've had 7 years in the premier league and won a league cup etc so we don't fear them!

Slade and now Warnock swear we're Scunthorpe the way they speak about us!

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I don't know if you watched Steve Coopers interview after their game on the pitch yesterday but Gary Rowett and the other fella said to him your next 6 games will test where you are against some real big clubs and Cooper replied we're a big club too. We've had 7 years in the premier league and won a league cup etc so we don't fear them!

Slade and now Warnock swear we're Scunthorpe the way they speak about us!
    Swansea manager with the winning mentality

Refreshing.