+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rashford racist abuse

Rashford racist abuse

What kind of knuckled headed simpletons live among us, that would racially abuse a player for simply missing a penalty in a game of football.
    For every step forward mankind make, they take 2 steps back.

Re: Rashford racist abuse

It’s disgraceful. I do think it’s leaving the game but not as quick as it needs to be.

I never really noticed the unconscious racism in people until last season. For example, Danny Rose got hell of a lot of abuse where trippier got none. Nothing racist was said but I wonder how much abuse certain players would get if they weren’t black

The amount of it on Twitter is actually unbelievable. Like 1000s of people calling him the N word.

I always thought it would be the non british fans but most of it was british people hiding behind fake profiles.

Apparently Reading and Watford players has similar abuse last week too. If they’re getting it, it must be likely that every club has idiots who’d do it.

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    I always thought it would be the non british fans....
    That's bonkers. There are millions of racists in Britain. Surely you didn't believe otherwise?

It's not exactly the same, but this is why it would be so difficult for a gay player to come out. Every time there's a thread about it, people say "no one cares about that nowadays"

Well black players are far more accepted and this is still what happens.

The bookmakers are responsible these gambling idiots lose money because of the result and let off foul racist steam online.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    The bookmakers are responsible these gambling idiots lose money because of the result and let off foul racist steam online.
    What?

Yes its the bookies fault . Well spotted.

f**king hell

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    f**king hell
    I was going to post something similar, but couldn’t find the enthusiasm to do it.

Good point! I lost a bit of money on that penalty, but I forgot to be a racist 🙄

Even if gambling losses lead to racism, which is insane enough, why would it be the bookmakers' fault?

I'd love to know what you take before you post on here

This has been going on for years and now everyone wants to make a fuss about it.

It’s the nature of social media, give people anonymity and they will push it to the extremes. Best idea is to ignore it, let twitter delete the tweets and get on with your lives. The more attention it gets, the more people will go along with it the next time a black player misses a penalty

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    This has been going on for years and now everyone wants to make a fuss about it.

It’s the nature of social media, give people anonymity and they will push it to the extremes. Best idea is to ignore it, let twitter delete the tweets and get on with your lives. The more attention it gets, the more people will go along with it the next time a black player misses a penalty
    I haven’t liked racism since I can remember.

Does it matter that it’s been going on years, or there’s a big push only now happening to get rid of it on social media? Surely the fact it’s getting attention raises awareness, makes it a good thing?

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I haven’t liked racism since I can remember.

Does it matter that it’s been going on years, or there’s a big push only now happening to get rid of it on social media? Surely the fact it’s getting attention raises awareness, makes it a good thing?
    I worded my first sentence poorly, the media now want to make a fuss about something that’s been happening for years.

You can’t get rid of it, unless you introduce draconian rules on twitter where you need to use ID for an account or banning racist slurs.

I believe the attention it’s been given since Tammy missed his penalty has actually increased the abuse sent toward Pogba, Meite and Rashford so no it’s not a good thing. Maybe twitter could improve their moderation, but from what I’ve seen the tweets and accounts didn’t stay up for very long.

It’s more that people are racist that’s the issue here I think. The fact there’s a social media post is bad but it’s not the real issue here.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    That's bonkers. There are millions of racists in Britain. Surely you didn't believe otherwise?
    Not to the extent where there are thousands of people calling a black guy the N word for missing a penalty I didn’t.

It’s properly depressing that so many people are so backwards.

Yeah ever since that Irish bookmaker got rid of the white in the middle of their name they’ve been able to hide that all racism is caused by bookmakers.

Brexititeers, Johnson,Yaxley, Hopkins, Farage, Trump, May, all spouting hate towards minority’s. Why is anyone surprised?

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    f**king hell
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    Brexititeers, Johnson,Yaxley, Hopkins, Farage, Trump, May, all spouting hate towards minority’s. Why is anyone surprised?
    Whoa. That’s a bit of a broad statement. I’m a brexiteer, but for reasons that do not include racism, or any immigration policy.
    Not wanting to steer this thread down another boring repetative brexit route, but I have to pull you up on that daft statement.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Whoa. That’s a bit of a broad statement. I’m a brexiteer, but for reasons that do not include racism, or any immigration policy.
    Not wanting to steer this thread down another boring repetative brexit route, but I have to pull you up on that daft statement.
    I wouldn’t say all brexiters are racists but I’d say all racists voted for Brexit in fairness. And the things the aforementioned have said in the media have emboldened them to be more open about it.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Perhaps I should have said the majority of Brexiteers, my apologies.

I am amazed at the number of Welsh people who are racists. You only have to go on Twitter or Facebook and look at the comments from them whenever there’s a post regarding leaving the EU. I thought we were better than that

Ridiculous bollocks to say that Brexit supporters are racists , no surprise to hear it as part of the constant sour grapes from the losing side.
    So 52 % of the voters in the referrendum are racists are they ?

Ridiculous bollocks to say that Brexit supporters are racists , no surprise to hear it as part of the constant sour grapes from the losing side.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Absolutely not all Brexiteers are racist, but as someone said above - all racists are undoubtedly Brexiteers