+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I don't often watch Swansea

I don't often watch Swansea

I'm watching their game for the first time since they played Man City in the cup last season and can't help but notice how dull it is to watch. It's like one of those training sessions where you have to keep the ball at all costs, even if it means spending 15 passes around the half way line. Birmingham get back into their perfect positions and reset every time and Swansea slowly try to pass towards the box.

It seems a dangerous game to play if your opponents have fast forwards, which Birmingham don't seem to have.

Re: I don't often watch Swansea

It's hardly their fault to be fair. Birmingham have shown no ambition whatsoever!

I think they've played quite well.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    It's hardly their fault to be fair. Birmingham have shown no ambition whatsoever!

I think they've played quite well.
    I’m shuddering at the thought of playing them, think they’ll cause us problems all over the field

There's a video analysing the last 6 nations game between Wales and England highlighting Wales' tactics to keep hold of the ball but making very few yards really paid dividend in the last 15-20 minutes when England players were fatigued both in terms of running around and how quickly they could think. I'm not watching but I imagine that is what Swansea are trying to do in this tight game.

Quote Originally Posted by Zowhore View Post
    I’m shuddering at the thought of playing them, think they’ll cause us problems all over the field
    They look decent to me. I think when we play them it could go either way. Our set pieces will cause them issues as that's where they're vulnerable but their movement will cause us problems.

That was a great move. We could only dream of build up like that.

Their manager's dad is a massive Cardiff fan hmmmm

Every song about Cardiff since they scored the 2nd innit.

Look a strong team considering the players they’ve lost.

Swansea are playing decent football. The game is dull because Birmingham has shown no ambition whatsoever. Since Swansea scored the game has livened up and now Swansea are 3-0 up. They are better than us sadly.

I watched the first half. Thought the volume was fcuked on my telly.

Birmingham are awful BTW.

Quote Originally Posted by Shute View Post
    I'm watching their game for the first time since they played Man City in the cup last season and can't help but notice how dull it is to watch. It's like one of those training sessions where you have to keep the ball at all costs, even if it means spending 15 passes around the half way line. Birmingham get back into their perfect positions and reset every time and Swansea slowly try to pass towards the box.

It seems a dangerous game to play if your opponents have fast forwards, which Birmingham don't seem to have.
    well this aged well didn't it?

uppaswans

Quote Originally Posted by SgorioFruit View Post

uppaswans
    Swansea are a good side but uppaswans WTF is that

Leeds and Swansea promoted before the end of August, love it.....

Youd obviously rather watch headless chickens running about scrapping for 2nd balls like its 1983.

"Its the Cardiff way"

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Swansea are playing decent football. The game is dull because Birmingham has shown no ambition whatsoever. Since Swansea scored the game has livened up and now Swansea are 3-0 up. They are better than us sadly.
    love to know how that happened.Them in crises.Selling everything Us thinking we'll go straight back up with our superior squad.
    They clearly have people there that know a thing or two about football.

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    love to know how that happened.Them in crises.Selling everything Us thinking we'll go straight back up with our superior squad.
    Like their manager for one

They are much better than us imo.

Shows how out of touch our board is.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Like their manager for one
    i really hope worncock gets his act together soon

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    I watched the first half. Thought the volume was fcuked on my telly.

Birmingham are awful BTW.
    Been to any of our games lately? Like a morgue.

uppaswans
    Have they got the stars and stripes out down gypoville yet or do they still hate the yanks?

They haven't played anyone good yet , but neither have we and they are 6 points ahead. Let's see how they fare after next week when Ayew and Baston bugger off.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    Have they got the stars and stripes out down gypoville yet or do they still hate the yanks?
    still flying them Malaysian flags? oh hang on, its still all emblazoned all over your shirts. See, its exactly the same.
    Swans to go up this season. Actually playing football the right way, for once.

I never watch them as my eyes would hurt

the thing with Swansea now is that even if they do go up this season the Yanks will just stuff the promotion money into their pockets, they're just a play thing, no longer "a local club for local people", at some point in the future they'll come a cropper, and ol' SgorioFruit will be nowhere to be seen.

They did look good today though, well drilled and a goal threat

still flying them Malaysian flags? oh hang on, its still all emblazoned all over your shirts. See, its exactly the same.
    Swans to go up this season. Actually playing football the right way, for once.
    "Oh, say can you see by the dawn's early light"
    From established premier league side to relegation and selling the crown jewels
    UppaYanks indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    I have been down to see the Jacks this season,vs.Preston,won 3-2.They still play the Swansea way and even after selling two players for 35 million,can still score a lot of goals.The football they play is so much better than the hoof-ball and predictable,boring long throw-ins Cardiff use.Perhaps when Warnock retires they can bring in a manager who would actually want his team to play football.