Sorry, I realise that there have been other recent threads on this, but I did want time to reflect on an average start to the season.
Ok, we haven't add much luck with losing Etheridge, Bamba and now Pack, but it does not look good if a player, who was basically shown the door a season ago is suddenly our Messiah. Teams like Fulham and Leeds have invested wisely over the summer and the football they play is a million miles ahead of ours. Look at Swansea Town, no investment, yet they are playing a brand of football that we could only dream of.
I think we will be ok this season, maybe even pushing top 6, but somehow I feel that we need more than that. We need a change of direction even if it means drawing breath in this league for a couple of seasons.
Warnock has been fantastic for us and will be difficult to replace. I think he made a mistake by saying he would be off if we were not challenging at Xmas. That sort of statement can have an effect on players, resulting in the performance we had v Reading.
No, Neil should have gracefully retired in the Summer. Would have been best for all concerned.