+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 3 LUTON TOWN. Match thread

Re: CARDIFF CITY v LUTON TOWN. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    8 shots each we’ve had 6 on target to their one, possession means **** all if were matching them for attacks...got to put the ball in the net though and that’s the issue here not the possession.
    You need possession to have a shot on target so it must mean something. We obviously need more of both because what we've had so far has yielded nothing.

We've been piss-poor since the season started. Why isn't he playing our proper 1st team just to give them more game time together.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    Is anyone really surprised
    No, we have been awful in the cups since 2012.

Lost to far worse teams than Luton in that time.

The reason he has rested players is because we have a game in 72 hours and played 3 in 6 days last week.

I’m embarrassed in our behalf. We needed a positive performance tonight to silence the doubters. But what I really mean is I wished for a positive performance to silence the doubter in me having witnessed every performance home and away this season. There’s no getting away from the truths being laid before us. I might argue that our friends down the road have gone into this season with a concern over what the “squad” may offer. And look at them fly... and look at us! Oh dear.

Well, that is Luton's season over!

Not happy, not surprised, but not greatly bothered.

As a professional football club, their basic aim is to try to win football matches. Isn’t this the least that fans deserve in every match?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    You need possession to have a shot on target so it must mean something. We obviously need more of both because what we've had so far has yielded nothing.
    Well we have had more possession than the opposition probably fewer than 10 times over the last few seasons. At a guess we probably average sub 40% during that time, yet have had a promotion and nearly survived in the PL with what many were calling a championship squad.

Difference this season is the amount we are conceding. Still early days but so far we aren't looking anywhere near as solid as we even did at times last season let alone two years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by billy.ronson View Post
    The reason he has rested players is because we have a game in 72 hours and played 3 in 6 days last week.
    and do you think resting them will make any difference come the Fulham game... it'll probably end up 1-4.

0-3 FT

No doubt the gaffers not bothered about it as “little old Cardiff are down to the bare bones squad wise anyway” 😡

Quote Originally Posted by alan_corneli View Post
    and do you think resting them will make any difference come the Fulham game... it'll probably end up 1-4.
    I didn’t say it would ! Just saying , he said on Saturday he would be making wholesale changes as he we had played 3 in 6 days and have Fulham on Friday. It is what he has done in almost every Cup game we have played under his management except possibly Man City in FA Cup.

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    0-3 FT
    Totally embarrassing Cup defeat yet again this time to Luton Reserves at Home! No wonder Warnock has never won any Cups!

Almost feels like we should be fined for bringing the game into disrepute with our cup "performances" over the last few years

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Shots on target are as irrelevant as possession if you lose 2-0
    That’s why I said we need to take our chances (or whatever I actually said that I can’t remember)

I don’t think it was for lack of effort, it was bad finishing.

Their keeper had 7 saves to make ours didn’t make one..

To me it looks (apart from posesssion) we matched them for dangerous attacks and efforts. We just lacked a striker who could finish. Where have we heard that before?

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 3 LUTON TOWN. Match thread

I’d sack the cu*t now. The fact that most of our fans don’t give a shit either about results like tonight is pissing me off more and more.
    I’m Cardiff born and bred, and have supported them for as long as I can remember, but the way I’m feeling now after witnessing that shit in front of a paltry crowd, I hope Fulham fu*k us over by a cricket score, and Tan boots his wrinkly arse right down to Cornwall.

That’s why I said we need to take our chances (or whatever I actually said that I can’t remember)

Their keeper had 7 saves to make ours didn’t make one..

To me it looks (apart from posesssion) we matched them for dangerous attacks and efforts. We just lacked a striker who could finish. Where have we heard that before?
    The problem is I've watched most of our games this season and we're not actually creating anything. Joe Ralls i believe has been responsible for most of our shots on target and most of those have come from 25-30 yards.

That's not creating a chance. Luton passed the ball around but I'd rather create one chance that is likely to lead to a goal than be reduced to pot shots.

I remember Liverpool had about 300 shots at goal in the league cup final against but the fact is they hardly created anything.

Their keeper had 7 saves to make ours didn’t make one.

Does it count as a save when the goal keeper just stands there and the attacker plays it straight to the goalie. It's not as though he had to put any effort in to stopping the ball going in the net.

Well that was pathetic. Credit goes to the kids who played, at least they tried and attempted top attack.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    I’d sack the cu*t now. The fact that most of our fans don’t give a shit either about results like tonight is pissing me off more and more.
    I’m Cardiff born and bred, and have supported them for as long as I can remember, but the way I’m feeling now after witnessing that shit in front of a paltry crowd, I hope Fulham fu*k us over by a cricket score, and Tan boots his wrinkly arse right down to Cornwall.
    Very erudite and totally correct. Hopefully he'll be able to smuggle Paterson out with him. A truly awful performance from him tonight that beggars belief (Paterson that is). We were totally void of any tactics. Luton played around us and through us with movement, we passed it back to Flint to hoof it up, they win it....repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    The problem is I've watched most of our games this season and we're not actually creating anything. Joe Ralls i believe has been responsible for most of our shots on target and most of those have come from 25-30 yards.

That's not creating a chance. Luton passed the ball around but I'd rather create one chance that is likely to lead to a goal than be reduced to pot shots.

I remember Liverpool had about 300 shots at goal in the league cup final against but the fact is they hardly created anything.
    Game wasn’t on anywhere for me so I watched my local club then the first Peaky so I can only go off what I saw in black and white, which isn’t the way to do it tbh.

The main reason I brought up those stats

Shots 17/7 to 12/3
    Attacks 83 to 79
    Dangerous attacks 52 to 39

All this with 4 times less ball.

We seem to do a lot with the he little we get.

Game wasn’t on anywhere for me so I watched my local club then the first Peaky so I can only go off what I saw in black and white, which isn’t the way to do it tbh.

The main reason I brought up those stats

Shots 17/7 to 12/3
    Attacks 83 to 79
    Dangerous attacks 52 to 39

All this with 4 times less ball.

We seem to do a lot with the he little we get.
    Believe me, we didn't - after the first, say, fifteen minutes we were comprehensively outplayed. The contrast in first touch, ability to see and deliver relatively simple passes, dead ball skills, imagination and composure between the sides was obvious and I found myself wondering whether it was a policy of Neil Warnock's to deliberately sign players whose control of a football is so bad that what so often should be a simple pass played to a team mate, instead becomes a lunge at a ball that is getting away from them with the result that possession is almost, inevitably, lost. We did have shooting chances, but I can't remember the Luton keeper having a difficult save to make because that faulty technique was there again to ensure that most of those on target efforts were scuffed or poorly placed by one of Bogle or Vassell.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Believe me, we didn't - after the first, say, fifteen minutes we were comprehensively outplayed. The contrast in first touch, ability to see and deliver relatively simple passes, dead ball skills, imagination and composure between the sides was obvious and I found myself wondering whether it was a policy of Neil Warnock's to deliberately sign players whose control of a football is so bad that what so often should be a simple pass played to a team mate, instead becomes a lunge at a ball that is getting away from them with the result that possession is almost, inevitably, lost. We did have shooting chances, but I can't remember the Luton keeper having a difficult save to make because that faulty technique was there again to ensure that most of those on target efforts were scuffed or poorly placed by one of Bogle or Vassell.
    I won’t go to another cup game after the last few seasons under Warnock.
    Yeah it’s difficult to get a tidy understanding of a game based off stats on a screen and no commentary, I was just surprised at them considering we had 4 x less ball that’s all.
    Would a goal scorer have made a difference then? Because it’s difficult to see how we managed so many “dangerous attacks” without being a threat.

I won’t go to another cup game after the last few seasons under Warnock.
    Yeah it’s difficult to get a tidy understanding of a game based off stats on a screen and no commentary, I was just surprised at them considering we had 4 x less ball that’s all.
    Would a goal scorer have made a difference then? Because it’s difficult to see how we managed so many “dangerous attacks” without being a threat.
    I did a double take when I saw that "dangerous attacks" figure, because it didn't seem anywhere near that many to me. That said, a more clinical finisher might have been able to have scored or at least made the goalkeeper earn his money. It wasn't as if there were sitters being missed, but the standard of finishing was indicative of a lack of technique that ran throughout most of the team.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I did a double take when I saw that "dangerous attacks" figure, because it didn't seem anywhere near that many to me. That said, a more clinical finisher might have been able to have scored or at least made the goalkeeper earn his money. It wasn't as if there were sitters being missed, but the standard of finishing was indicative of a lack of technique that ran throughout most of the team.
    or squad. I recognize that success comes more quickly putting together a team 'Warnock style' as opposed to developing root and branch from scratch, but it appears our whole club football ethos has been to adopt this philosophy..