+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Vaulks & Whyte?

Vaulks & Whyte?

Were they both really that good in League 1?

I have seen nothing to convince me that they are both rotten signings.

Add Vassell to that list too!

Re: Vaulks & Whyte?

In Warnock we trust

Quote Originally Posted by blueblade View Post
    Were they both really that good in League 1?

I have seen nothing to convince me that they are both rotten signings.

Add Vassell to that list too!
    Vaulks was good in the Championship last season, he was far from good in the League Cup tonight.

It's Ok they only cost £6m between them, whereas our super sub Madine just cost £6m.

Whyte is really awful. Shocking that we let Kadeem go and replaced him with Whyte

Yes Whyte was well liked by Oxford fans who were sad to see him go.

Vaulks apparently did a good job in a relegated rotherham team.

Vassell has struggled with injuries but has played less than an hour for us scoring once. May as well get carried away and say based on that he's going to be one of our best ever strikers.

New club, new area, new team mates, different expectation. Why don't we just let them settle for a bit first and then judge.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Vaulks was good in the Championship last season, he was far from good in the League Cup tonight.
    He was chasing shadows a bit as he had very little help. Patterson was unfit and Vassell isn’t really a midfielder.. nor is Hoillet.

He performed at this level over a whole season last year, so I really hope he’s not being judged on last night

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    It's Ok they only cost £6m between them, whereas our super sub Madine just cost £6m.
    £6m between them. Where did you get that from ??

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    He was chasing shadows a bit as he had very little help. Patterson was unfit and Vassell isn’t really a midfielder.. nor is Hoillet.

He performed at this level over a whole season last year, so I really hope he’s not being judged on last night
    If he performed as well as people like to make out then perhaps Rotherham wouldn’t have been relegated.

Classic case of people seeing his YouTube reel and hammer shot and making out like he bossed this division last year.

The recruitment this summer has been nothing short of abysmal no matter how people want to dress it up.

£6m between them. Where did you get that from ??
    My typing error, I meant £4m for those two and it was £6m with Vassell added.

I asked a Rotherham fan what they thought of him when we signed him. This is the section about his abilities word for word -

I heard you lot had enquired about him a while ago.
    He’s a great lad, but I’m surprised you lot and Huddersfield have shown interest. He tries 100% not the most gifted.
    He can hit them from distance.
    Doesn’t win a lot in the middle to say he’s a central midfielder.
    He’s been offered big money so good luck to him.

Are we your feeder club? Do you not have your own scouts?

The bit about scouts did tickle me a bit. They do seem to move in the very same circles or are plain lazy.
    Other than that he seems an average signing and doesn't win a lot in the middle which is being shown to date so fits in with Warnock's 30% possession stat that he seems to love and not want any more of.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Both have moved to a new job, as well as new surroundings, New team mates and adjusting to everything that goes with a move they are both looking to establish themselves in the first 11.

It can take time to settle in and I'm not sure you can judge a player until they've had a run of games in. the team to get a real understanding of what their true capabilities are.

Both could be very poor signings? equally they could be firm fans favourites within a few months it's easy to dismiss them initially (Mark Hudson) but who knows how they will turn out

One things for certain their confidence will take a hammering if their judged on the first few games

On first impressions I can't think that Vaulks has performed in anyway to the levels that are expected, however with Whyte I have a feeling he could turn out to be a decent acquisition.

He gives the ball away too cheaply and that is something that he will need to work on, but I just think there is much better to come from him

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    Both have moved to a new job, as well as new surroundings, New team mates and adjusting to everything that goes with a move they are both looking to establish themselves in the first 11.

It can take time to settle in and I'm not sure you can judge a player until they've had a run of games in. the team to get a real understanding of what their true capabilities are.

Both could be very poor signings? equally they could be firm fans favourites within a few months it's easy to dismiss them initially (Mark Hudson) but who knows how they will turn out

One things for certain their confidence will take a hammering if their judged on the first few games

On first impressions I can't think that Vaulks has performed in anyway to the levels that are expected, however with Whyte I have a feeling he could turn out to be a decent acquisition.

He gives the ball away too cheaply and that is something that he will need to work on, but I just think there is much better to come from him
    Blwdi 'eck, olderblue I hope you are doing well sir...

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    If he performed as well as people like to make out then perhaps Rotherham wouldn’t have been relegated.

Classic case of people seeing his YouTube reel and hammer shot and making out like he bossed this division last year.

The recruitment this summer has been nothing short of abysmal no matter how people want to dress it up.
    That’s an amazingly stupid thing to say.

Marshall & Hudson were both signed from relegated clubs and both went on to be superb for us.

Not the only ones either

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    My typing error, I meant £4m for those two and it was £6m with Vassell added.
    That’s more like it

Quote Originally Posted by Splott-light... View Post
    Blwdi 'eck, olderblue I hope you are doing well sir...
    All good mate

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post

Hidson was a funny one.
    There was a guy on here who’s mate was a Charlton ( or Palace) fan and his mate said he was shit.

So he believed it and regurgitated it constantly.

So much so that when Gerrard made a few cock ups many of our fans blamed Hudson and wrote him off .

Took a long time for people to realise Hudson was actually a very good centre half and Gerrard was just a badge kissing, egotistical cousin of a very good player.

Amazing at this club ( and most others) how quick so many fans are to write players off

That’s an amazingly stupid thing to say.

Marshall & Hudson were both signed from relegated clubs and both went on to be superb for us.

Not the only ones either
    No it isn’t. He’s been relegated from this division in the 2 seasons he’s played in it. Hardly the pedigree of the top championship midfielder that you seem to be insinuating he is with your blue tinted spectacles on.

Hidson was a funny one.
    There was a guy on here who’s mate was a Charlton ( or Palace) fan and his mate said he was shit.

So he believed it and regurgitated it constantly.

So much so that when Gerrard made a few cock ups many of our fans blamed Hudson and wrote him off .

Took a long time for people to realise Hudson was actually a very good centre half and Gerrard was just a badge kissing, egotistical cousin of a very good player.

Amazing at this club ( and most others) how quick so many fans are to write players off
    You criticised Peter Whittingham as much as anyone on here and he was a far, far better player than any of the summer signings which are being questioned.

You criticised Peter Whittingham as much as anyone on here and he was a far, far better player than any of the summer signings which are being questioned.
    You keep going on about this, best dig some evidence up.

In the meantime try to watch a player a few more times before writing him off

No it isn’t. He’s been relegated from this division in the 2 seasons he’s played in it. Hardly the pedigree of the top championship midfielder that you seem to be insinuating he is with your blue tinted spectacles on.
    It is - it’s ridiculous.

A team gets relegated not a player.

So is making out I’ve said something I haven’t.

As said above he may or may not turn out to be a good signing, but it’s far too early to judge after 2 part games and one league cup game in a makeshift midfield where he was the only genuine central midfielder

It is - it’s ridiculous.

A team gets relegated not a player.

So is making out I’ve said something I haven’t.

As said above he may or may not turn out to be a good signing, but it’s far too early to judge after 2 part games and one league cup game in a makeshift midfield where he was the only genuine central midfielder
    By the way David Marshall has been relegated 3 times.