+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bury expelled from the EFL

Re: Bury expelled from the EFL

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post

Even wheeled Jim White out for it like it was transfer deadline day.
    Kents.
    Classless wankers.

That countdown stunt by Sky Sports was tasteless.

Interesting coments from the Accrington owner this morning who outlined some of the debt and there's no way Bury was going to survive. Initial talks that it needed a couple of million went out the window when people looked at the books.

He estimates it would need more than £10m to pay off the known debts and there's no way they could recoup that money as a football club.

What I don't know is who has control of the ground and the car park which I guess could be used as part of a property deal. It would be a further outrage if Day or Dale make anything from this. Dale's daugters partner is involved in buying a £7.5m debt for £70k and then trying to claim it's now worth millions.

And to think thay are allowed to be so fraudulant in plain sight.

https://twitter.com/AndyhHolt/status...12123503538179

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dargavel View Post
    One week’s wages for Alexis Sanchez. We all know the game has gone to the gutter but this is just so desperate. Can nothing be done? Words fail me. Don’t let the fans suffer for the mismanagement of the so-called money men.
    Hit the nail on the head there, this exactly the reason I’m fast falling out of love with the game. How can you have a player earning more than it takes to save a whole football club, the whole system is rotten to the core. Last year in the Prem only highlighted it to me. Things can’t keep going like this.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post

Even wheeled Jim White out for it like it was transfer deadline day.
    Kents.
    And there lies the biggest problem

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    Sky are the cancer that will kill football.
    Sky or money. Both destroying it slowly. 2 weeks of Sanchez wages at united have buried bury

Horrible news. The EFL should be ashamed at their appalling lack of oversight. The EPL should be doing more to support the pyramid below them too.