+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Brian Murphy

Brian Murphy

https://twitter.com/CardiffCityFC/st...105480197?s=19

Extended his stay. How significant is this given Etheridge's injury and the fact we already have 2 first team goalies?

Re: Brian Murphy

Used to love him in George and Mildred

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Used to love him in George and Mildred
    Mildred Ropers maiden name was tremble and in one of the episodes she announced her name as Mildred Roper née tremble.

Is Smithies injured?

He must have something on Warnock like Connelly and Jazz, none of them have played more than a couple of games in the last two years, what a waste of money!

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    He must have something on Warnock like Connelly and Jazz, none of them have played more than a couple of games in the last two years, what a waste of money!
    Perhaps hes worried about Smithies and Day,
    wasnt Connolly and Jazz injured therefore effecting them moving on .

I actually think Jazz in this league is a good utility player
    ?

He's signed on again for 4 months to cover for Etheridge's injury. More 'keepers and strikers that's what we need!

Warnock has said Smithies has a knock but nothing major. Sounds like he didn't want to pull Ratcliffe back from Barry to sit in the stands and the other youth keepers aren't up to the task yet.

Seems to clear it up really:

Neil Warnock speaks to Glen Williams

Q. Brian Murphy?

A. The thing was, we don;t know about Neil Etheridge at the moment. We let George (Ratcliffe) go out on loan to Barry and he's done excellent. And I think it's more important he gets games at Barry than come back to be number three or four keeper. So I'm just pleased with him getting games.

So we talked about Murph, you know, short term until December, which will just help us out on the training ground and I think Murph is also going to help the academy as well, do some coaching down there which, he's a really good professional, so it was a no-brainer really.

Q. Not coming in to be No. 1?

A. No, he's just come in as cover really. Smudger (Alex Smithies) has got a little bit of a knock so he didn't train a couple of days. No disrespect to the two young lads, but I thought we needed somebody else in there for the training sessions.

It's not an arm and a leg, he's going to mix that with some coaching at the academy, so it will work for both parties.

Q. Not sure about Etheridge, Could it be longer?

A. We don't really know, they're funny things, hamstrings. Same with Packy really, you just don't know. You mentioned one or two of the young lads but (Aaron) Bolger's been injured for four weeks now. We are a bit thin at the minute in that situation.

Quote Originally Posted by cathays blueboy View Post
    Seems to clear it up really:

Neil Warnock speaks to Glen Williams

Q. Brian Murphy?

A. The thing was, we don;t know about Neil Etheridge at the moment. We let George (Ratcliffe) go out on loan to Barry and he's done excellent. And I think it's more important he gets games at Barry than come back to be number three or four keeper. So I'm just pleased with him getting games.

So we talked about Murph, you know, short term until December, which will just help us out on the training ground and I think Murph is also going to help the academy as well, do some coaching down there which, he's a really good professional, so it was a no-brainer really.

Q. Not coming in to be No. 1?

A. No, he's just come in as cover really. Smudger (Alex Smithies) has got a little bit of a knock so he didn't train a couple of days. No disrespect to the two young lads, but I thought we needed somebody else in there for the training sessions.

It's not an arm and a leg, he's going to mix that with some coaching at the academy, so it will work for both parties.

Q. Not sure about Etheridge, Could it be longer?

A. We don't really know, they're funny things, hamstrings. Same with Packy really, you just don't know. You mentioned one or two of the young lads but (Aaron) Bolger's been injured for four weeks now. We are a bit thin at the minute in that situation.
    Not the best of nicknames for Pack!