+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bury expelled from the EFL

Bury expelled from the EFL

Breaking news

Re: Bury expelled from the EFL

Awful. Steve Dale should be hung the kunt. As for the fit and proper persons check it's an absolute joke, the league should be answerable

Blame ultimately is on Dale and the previous owners of Bury for their mis-management but the EFL and former chief Shaun Harvey should be made to answer for their part in this.

Sure I read the other day that there would still be a 14 day period for this to take effect but the bbc post looks quite final.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Sure I read the other day that there would still be a 14 day period for this to take effect but the bbc post looks quite final.
    Bury have had their 14 days.

Disgusting and disgraceful and for me a wake up moment for British football.

Awful for everyone involved with the club. The fans who cannot affect it but would die for the club. The local businesses who will suffer. The community who loses a part of its soul.

Sickening for the fans and the staff.
    Football is dead as we know it.

Ridiculous that this can happen in an era where money is swimming in football.

Does anyone know what league the club would have to start playing in?

I heard on the radio tonight Bury owed 2 million in business rates.
    Not much to the Premier league but insermountable to a lower league side.
    May the phoenix club rise quickly

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Bury have had their 14 days.
    Yea I was thinking there was further time from this point but seems not and I may have read Bolton.

Hope they can at the very least save the club.

I don’t mind admitting that I’ve just shed a few tears. This is just sickening. In 2007 I found myself in a little bother at Charlton and ended up with a 4 year football banning order of which I served 2 years and 8 months. Let me tell you that so much changes. Without the football your social structure changes. What will these amazing fans do? And I do mean amazing. With so many glamour clubs on the doorstep the Bury fans show full allegiance to their local club and this is all being taken away for what? One week’s wages for Alexis Sanchez. We all know the game has gone to the gutter but this is just so desperate. Can nothing be done? Words fail me. Don’t let the fans suffer for the mismanagement of the so-called money men. The EFL should be hauled before the courts to explain how they properly check and accept the owners of all clubs from each and every level of football.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Awful. Steve Dale should be hung the kunt. As for the fit and proper persons check it's an absolute joke, the league should be answerable
    I've heard a couple of interviews with him in recent weeks and he sounds a right it's everyone else's fault merchant - the truly bizarre thing is that this has happened on the back of a promotion season.

The talk was as I was driving home from tonight's game that there were four new offers on the table and it seems wrong to me that the EFL could not extend their deadline by forty eight hours to see if anything could be done to sort a deal out, but I suppose I don't know all of the details and I'm just looking at it from the perspective of someone who is very sad to see a team go under like this.

There's nothing that can be said to make Bury fans feel better tonight - they are the innocents in this, yet they will be suffering far more than any of the money men.

So sad. I had a very nice day out there in May 1976 when we won 1-0 to get promoted back to Division 2. Terrible news for the club, but Aldershot and Newport formed Phoenix clubs and got back up the leagues so hopefully Bury can do the same. I hope more for a EFL reprieve and maybe an appeal which they'll reconsider they're action. The EFL must shoulder some of the blame for this happening. And Bolton could go next and they literally a few miles apart , 6 to be exact. It's like me being and Pontypridd and having a local rival in Taff's Well. I hope Bolton get out it and hope than Bury can recover. How must those fans be at the moment?

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    Ridiculous that this can happen in an era where money is swimming in football.
    but I agree entirely.

Football clubs should not adopt corporate form really, or at least not traditional corporate form. The purpose of a company is to make money for the shareholders. That should not be the purpose of a football club, which should be to strive to achieve the best long-term football league and cup performances for the club, within its means. Change the purpose of football clubs back to the true spirit of sport and force owners to run them as such. The football league is a disgrace to have allowed this to happen. The company running the club and owning the registration can go bust, but the club should survive in its own right with the football league itself taking control on a temporary basis if necessary. Insane really. God I hate so much about football. Playing it? Brilliant. The rest is wank.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dargavel View Post
    I don’t mind admitting that I’ve just shed a few tears. This is just sickening. In 2007 I found myself in a little bother at Charlton and ended up with a 4 year football banning order of which I served 2 years and 8 months. Let me tell you that so much changes. Without the football your social structure changes. What will these amazing fans do? And I do mean amazing. With so many glamour clubs on the doorstep the Bury fans show full allegiance to their local club and this is all being taken away for what? One week’s wages for Alexis Sanchez. We all know the game has gone to the gutter but this is just so desperate. Can nothing be done? Words fail me. Don’t let the fans suffer for the mismanagement of the so-called money men. The EFL should be hauled before the courts to explain how they properly check and accept the owners of all clubs from each and every level of football.
    It wouldn't be far fetched to estimate that the annual Premier League players' wage bill is around £2.5billion. Gives some sort of context.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    but I agree entirely.

Football clubs should not adopt corporate form really, or at least not traditional corporate form. The purpose of a company is to make money for the shareholders. That should not be the purpose of a football club, which should be to strive to achieve the best long-term football league and cup performances for the club, within its means. Change the purpose of football clubs back to the true spirit of sport and force owners to run them as such. The football league is a disgrace to have allowed this to happen. The company running the club and owning the registration can go bust, but the club should survive in its own right with the football league itself taking control on a temporary basis if necessary. Insane really. God I hate so much about football. Playing it? Brilliant. The rest is wank.
    Football is now a business, not a sport in which you've hit the nail on the head with that post.

The odd thing is as a business it's an absolute joke with the majority of clubs in debt and unable to make the revenue to ever reduce it. Opportunistic vultures will always wait and scavenge around a dying corpse ready to pick it off. It's no wonder some of the clubs owners and administrators seemingly lack any moral or emotional attachment to the clubs they manage.

Bury and Bolton are just the tip of the iceberg.

I echo the sentiment above
    Really sad day for Bury fans and a worrying one the whole of football.
    To think how much angst the change of our colours caused, I don't think anyone can comprehend just how the Bury fans feel.

Football as we all know it has been broken for quite a while now and this was always going to happen, unluckily for poor Bury, it's happened to them.

I hope the EFL know what they are doing and their actions part of a great master plan but from what has gone on so far, it doesn't look like it.

There have been so many teetering, us included. You fear that once one or two go, especially so close to each other, then the dominoes could tumble.

The EFL are an absolute disgrace. Steve Day and Steve Dale are an absolute disgrace but both were allowed to buy Bury with minimal checks. Steve Dale has owned 51 companies, and 43 have gone to the wall. Not one check was made by the EFL on Steve Dale, and there should have been multiple red flags around Steve Day. This all falls at the feet of Shaun Harvey, the master of falling upwards. The blood is on his hands.

Shocking state of affairs. The EFL need to have a complete overhaul of the scrutiny that these owners go through because right now it's not for for purpose. People are not only losing their football clubs but their livelihoods as well.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    If Shinawatra can pass it, it needs an overhaul

The way Sky Sports News covered it was very disrespectful and cheap. They were sensationalising it without real regard for the employees of the club who are about to lose their jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    The way Sky Sports News covered it was very disrespectful and cheap. They were sensationalising it without real regard for the employees of the club who are about to lose their jobs.
    Sky are the cancer that will kill football.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post

Even wheeled Jim White out for it like it was transfer deadline day.
    Kents.